SR20 #100

I am the happy owner of the 100th SR20. I accepted delivery last Friday afternoon, and then attended the Cirrus company Christmas party. Indulge me for a moment, and let me offer a few observations:

Most pilots I know are precise types, used to dotting t’s and dotting i’s. For this reason there is inevitably some tension when we combine compulsive pilot personalities with the uncertainties of a new venture. Certainly I’ve had my share of exasperating moments waiting for my aircraft.

All the petty irritations vanished for me last Friday. I can’t express how impressed I am with the people at Cirrus, with their heart, and enthusiasm for this project. It was a privilege for me to be able to thank them in person for having the guts to take on a task of this magnitude.

These people really care about general aviation, and have great pride in their product. What a contrast to those who do general aviation as an afterthought. I left wishing there was more I could do to help them.

For those of you waiting for an aircraft take solace in the fact that it is all worth it. Incidentally, N952DS is still in DLH, pending improved weather. It will be based in Madison, WI.

Finally, I am appreciative of the pireps previously posted on this site. They have helped make the wait more tolerable, and have certainly brightened every day.

For those of you waiting for an aircraft take solace in the fact that it is all worth it. Incidentally, N952DS is still in DLH, pending improved weather. It will be based in Madison, WI.

Finally, I am appreciative of the pireps previously posted on this site. They have helped make the wait more tolerable, and have certainly brightened every day.

We’ll all be happy to read your pireps too. Congratulations!

I am the happy owner of the 100th SR20. I accepted delivery last Friday afternoon, and then attended the Cirrus company Christmas party.

David,

Congratulations!

I was just looking at the pictures on the CD website (under “Gallery”) of your plane being built, and noticed the tail number looked different. All of the other tail numbers I’ve seen in pictures had a 3-D drop shadow, but the one in the pictures didn’t. Was that just a temporary number for test flights?

Also, did you keep the balloon graphics on the tail?

We eagerly await more stories from you about your trip and further adventures.

-Mike

I am the happy owner of the 100th SR20. I accepted delivery last Friday afternoon, and then attended the Cirrus company Christmas party.

David,

Congratulations!

I was just looking at the pictures on the CD website (under “Gallery”) of your plane being built, and noticed the tail number looked different. All of the other tail numbers I’ve seen in pictures had a 3-D drop shadow, but the one in the pictures didn’t. Was that just a temporary number for test flights?

Also, did you keep the balloon graphics on the tail?

We eagerly await more stories from you about your trip and further adventures.

-Mike

Mike, the N number was temporarily applied for the ferry trip from Hibbing back to DLH. It now has a conventional graphic package. The balloons, alas, are gone–but not my enthusiasm.