Where Have All the Cirri Gone ?

For those of us waiting for our planes, the last month’s production doesn’t look encouraging.

Despite the publicity about “a solid 1 per day” production rate, CD only delivered 15 planes to customers since 5/14/01. And, they are delaying customer pickups scheduled for mid-June by a couple of days.

Looks like there is still more work to do.

Bob,

Remember the ‘one per day’ rate is base on production days, which I presume to be based on a five day week. Also, they could be at a one per day production rate and have several waiting for delivery. In other words, there may have been no planes awaiting delivery on 5/14/01 and there may be three or four awaiting delivery now.

That could account for the disparity. Of course, they might not be making the production schedule either.

For those of us waiting for our planes, the last month’s production doesn’t look encouraging.

Despite the publicity about “a solid 1 per day” production rate, CD only delivered 15 planes to customers since 5/14/01. And, they are delaying customer pickups scheduled for mid-June by a couple of days.

Would be nice, but …

There were about 21 production days, 15 aircraft.

If there were aircraft waiting to be picked up, they wouldn’t be notifying scheduled buyers that delivery was delayed.

I think the problem is more obvious. They aren’t building planes at 1 per day.

Bob

Bob,

Remember the ‘one per day’ rate is base on production days, which I presume to be based on a five day week. Also, they could be at a one per day production rate and have several waiting for delivery. In other words, there may have been no planes awaiting delivery on 5/14/01 and there may be three or four awaiting delivery now.

That could account for the disparity. Of course, they might not be making the production schedule either.

I look at this, this way…

It is wonderfull that they “Cirrus” is delivering .8 airplanes a day.

I am sure they would rather do 20 a day. Do you know how much work that is to do one a day. Sometimes, things doesn’t work as planned. We need to Support them not shoot them.

Keep in mind they are changing lots of things “improvement”

Be Happy, you have one coming…

Cheers,

Woor

Would be nice, but …

There were about 21 production days, 15 aircraft.

If there were aircraft waiting to be picked up, they wouldn’t be notifying scheduled buyers that delivery was delayed.

I think the problem is more obvious. They aren’t building planes at 1 per day.

Bob

Bob,

I look at this, this way…

It is wonderfull that they “Cirrus” is delivering .8 airplanes a day.

I am sure they would rather do 20 a day. Do you know how much work that is to do one a day. Sometimes, things doesn’t work as planned. We need to Support them not shoot them.

Keep in mind they are changing lots of things “improvement”

Be Happy, you have one coming…

Cheers,

Woor

Absolutely correct!

BTW one “improvement” would be another choice for the 10.4"-you- know-what.

Wilfried