title …STUART…CAM32 or any combo.

Sorry Clyde and Rodger. dan

I got a E- mail Virus yesterday which
seems to want to spread to people Ive
contacted on this forum .The virus is gone I hope
Beware of of any strang mail especially with the
Sorry Clyde and Roger. dan
This “worm,” called W32.Sircam.Worm@mm, e-mails itself automatically to other computers. According to the http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@mm.htmlSymantec Antivirus Research Center, it was just discovered on July 17, 2001, and has become very widespread. The auto-generated message that W32.Sircam.Worm@mm sends out has the following properties:
Subject: The subject of the email will be random, and will be the same as the file name of the attachment in the email.
Message: The message body will be semi-random, but will always contain one of the following two lines (either English or Spanish) as the first and last sentences of the message.
Spanish Version:
First line: Hola como estas ?
Last line: Nos vemos pronto, gracias.
English Version:
First line: Hi! How are you?
Last line: See you later. Thanks
Between these two sentences, some of the following text may appear:
Spanish Version:
Te mando este archivo para que me des tu punto de vista
Espero me puedas ayudar con el archivo que te mando
Espero te guste este archivo que te mando
Este es el archivo con la informaci=n que me pediste
English Version:
I send you this file in order to have your advice
I hope you can help me with this file that I send
I hope you like the file that I sendo you
This is the file with the information that you ask for
If you receive such a message, do not open the attachment that comes with it. Doing so will allow the worm to spread to your hard drive, where it has the potential to do all kinds of mischief. (Symantec says there is a 1 in 20 chance that the worm will delete all files and directories on the C: drive.) Instead, delete the message and the unopened attachment.

Apparently W32.Sircam.Worm@mm only affects Windows computers. But even if you use a Macintosh or some other enlightened brand of computer, be sure to delete the suspect message to prevent the spread of the worm.

For more information about this worm, and how to remove it if it does manage to infect your computer, visit the Symantec web site:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@mm.htmlRisk Detected

Now would also be an excellent time to make sure your virus definitions are up to date for whatever antivirus software you are running.

Fortunately, we don’t have to worry (yet) about people spreading worms and viruses into the software of the ARNAV and Garmins…

Cheers,

Roger

Sorry Clyde and Rodger. dan
Like a rookie I opened it. Not good, but the fixit tool seems to have woorked. Mike#396

Fortunately, we don’t have to worry (yet) about people spreading worms and viruses into the software of the ARNAV and Garmins…

Another reason to look forward to datalink! :slight_smile:

I got the e-mails too, all day yesterday about 6 times. I suspected the address came off here because of the way it was addressed to me.

Sorry Clyde and Roger. dan

This “worm,” called W32.Sircam.Worm@mm, e-mails itself automatically to other computers. According to the http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@mm.htmlSymantec Antivirus Research Center, it was just discovered on July 17, 2001, and has become very widespread. The auto-generated message that W32.Sircam.Worm@mm sends out has the following properties:

Subject: The subject of the email will be random, and will be the same as the file name of the attachment in the email.
Message: The message body will be semi-random, but will always contain one of the following two lines (either English or Spanish) as the first and last sentences of the message.

Spanish Version:
First line: Hola como estas ?
Last line: Nos vemos pronto, gracias.

English Version:
First line: Hi! How are you?
Last line: See you later. Thanks

Between these two sentences, some of the following text may appear:

Spanish Version:
Te mando este archivo para que me des tu punto de vista
Espero me puedas ayudar con el archivo que te mando
Espero te guste este archivo que te mando
Este es el archivo con la informaci=n que me pediste

English Version:
I send you this file in order to have your advice
I hope you can help me with this file that I send
I hope you like the file that I sendo you
This is the file with the information that you ask for

If you receive such a message, do not open the attachment that comes with it. Doing so will allow the worm to spread to your hard drive, where it has the potential to do all kinds of mischief. (Symantec says there is a 1 in 20 chance that the worm will delete all files and directories on the C: drive.) Instead, delete the message and the unopened attachment.

Apparently W32.Sircam.Worm@mm only affects Windows computers. But even if you use a Macintosh or some other enlightened brand of computer, be sure to delete the suspect message to prevent the spread of the worm.

For more information about this worm, and how to remove it if it does manage to infect your computer, visit the Symantec web site:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@mm.htmlRisk Detected

Now would also be an excellent time to make sure your virus definitions are up to date for whatever antivirus software you are running.

Cheers,

Roger

Roger, it won’t spread from a Mac, even if you use Outlook - but why should you do that on a Mac? It’s like a Cessna panel in a Cirrus! Or the Arnav in the Cirrus 8-)))

Anyway enjoy your Windows including it’s Viri.

Wilfried

what if i opened it by error.

what if i opened it by error.

I recieved about 6 e-mails yesterday also. Didn’t like the looks of any of them. I’ve been down this road before.Deleted them all!

Clark #765