Unread Latest

I know this was discussed at the beginning of the new forum era. New posts to old threads do not show up in “Unread” or “New”. Sometimes I have to plow thru the long list of “Latest” to find some gems that have been posted to an old thread. I did a post a little bit ago and then started to wonder if anyone would see it. Is there a method to avoid this issue?

There are settings for “tracking” a Topic(Threads) once you enter it, or have posted in them. Those settings can be found here:

https://forum.cirruspilots.org/u/YourUserName/preferences/notifications

However updating those that you posted in prior to the Forum Transition, We can not go back and set those settings globally.

You can do so individually by entering them here:

https://forum.cirruspilots.org/u/YourUserName/activity

I’m not really talking about a thread or post that I made or was involved in. If someone makes a post today on a five year old thread, I won’t see that post as “New” or “Unread” and won’t find it until I, somewhere down the road, go back thru “Latest”.

Your post in the Oxygen refill setup for the Turbo topic was displayed in my “latest” view, what the software does not do is add the red dot or post number after the topic header, I believe this is done to preclude the possibility of creating many unread post notifications for a member at one time.

If I am misunderstanding your concern, please let me know, but I believe the forum software is performing as intended.

Yes, I guess it’s doing what’s intended, but say you where away from the forum for a few days. That post would have slid way down in the “Latest” list even though it is a new post for you. If you don’t look far enough down the list, you would not see it.

1 Like

Then you would have to read through a number of new post notifications, that’s just the nature of the beast.

If you feel strongly enough that your post is unique and should be highlighted, it’s best to create a new topic, and if relevant, provide a link to the past topic, 13 years is long time to append an existing topic.

Like I said, it’s not my post I’m concerned about, it’s the scrolling that has to be done to get to other’s posts made to older threads. I can live with it, was just making sure I wasn’t doing something wrong.

1 Like

I don’t believe so. :+1:

1 Like

I really like the new forum software in general.

The one thing I would like is to be able to dismiss all posts at once in such a way so that when I log back on I only see posts with new additions.

But, I am one of those people that want an empty email inbox…having inbox full of messages marked as read bugs me.

Again, a minor gripe in any otherwise excellent upgrade.

1 Like

Jack,

I got a method for you!

1 Like

So I should bookmark “unread” in order to get that functionality, correct?

But will that show new threads?

I just had https://forum.cirruspilots.org/ bookmarked.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.