Towing with Castering Nosewheel

Has anyone found an electric or gas tow that will back the Cirrus into a hangar? The “Nose Dragger” brand electric/gas tow that clamps onto the wheel will not work with a castering nosewheel, according to the manufacturer. This came up once before on the Discussion Forum several months ago, but was never resolved.

That’s why flying can be considered a sport :wink:

Unfortunately haven’t got a solution but know the problem

Has anyone found an electric or gas tow that will back the Cirrus into a hangar? The “Nose Dragger” brand electric/gas tow that clamps onto the wheel will not work with a castering nosewheel, according to the manufacturer. This came up once before on the Discussion Forum several months ago, but was never resolved.

Additional to Gary S.'s question, does anyone know of a manufacturer/source for a winch system to “back” the Cirrus into a hangar?

Thanks, Gary Phillips

WE have installed a boat trailer winch, manual and electric to attach to the tail tie down ring and drag the plane easily into the hanger.

Gary, Airtug has made a Cirrus SR20 specific modification to one of their Gas Airtugs for me. Basically a “U” clamp that attaches easily to the nose wheel lugs and tows the nose wheel up onto a small ramp against a stop. The Airtug has a castering steering wheel that works quite well in combination with the SR20’s castering nose wheel. I have no trouble at all using it to take out and back in my SR20 into my T-hangar at Reid Hillview at San Jose. I would be glad to discuss my experience further with you. Bill and Karen at Airtug are great. www.airtug.com

Good luck,

Scott K.

Home # 408-868-0167

PowerTow products work well. I have one for my SR20 and am pleased. powertow.com

Additional to Gary S.'s question, does anyone know of a manufacturer/source for a winch system to “back” the Cirrus into a hangar?

Thanks, Gary Phillips

Gary, stop by or call. the manufacturer of my hangar offers such a product specifically designed for that.

The problem is it is only a 1 way device

Marty

See http://www.allenmachineco.com

for a winch designed for this purpose.