Towing - Aero-Tow

Another towing solution is Aeo-Tow. I bought an E-200. I just started using it but my initial reaction is that it is good. It is battery powered. You can leave it pluged in so it is always fully charged. I selected it because I didn’t want to worry about starting a gas engine and maintaining it and I didn’t wanted to be tied to a cord if I wanted to move the plane away from the hanger. See:

http://hometown.aol.com/aerotow/index.htm

I have owned an E-200 for about 10 weeks. Overall, I think it is very good.

Positives: Very well built. Good customer service. Plenty of power for my SR20. Saw one used on a 22 with a steep uphill grade, with very little help. Very good at holding plane - not a hint of releasing like hand tow bar.

Negatives: Not very easy to steer. No variable speed control - basically on and off, although there is a startup mode.

Another towing solution is Aeo-Tow. I bought an E-200. I just started using it but my initial reaction is that it is good. It is battery powered. You can leave it pluged in so it is always fully charged. I selected it because I didn’t want to worry about starting a gas engine and maintaining it and I didn’t wanted to be tied to a cord if I wanted to move the plane away from the hanger. See:

News, Politics, Sports, Mail & Latest Headlines - AOL.com

I just called the company that builds the E200. In 6 weeks from now, the E200 will be available with speed control, operating on 24 volts instead of 12.

I have owned an E-200 for about 10 weeks. Overall, I think it is very good.

Positives: Very well built. Good customer service. Plenty of power for my SR20. Saw one used on a 22 with a steep uphill grade, with very little help. Very good at holding plane - not a hint of releasing like hand tow bar.

Negatives: Not very easy to steer. No variable speed control - basically on and off, although there is a startup mode.

News, Politics, Sports, Mail & Latest Headlines - AOL.com