Sunglasses

Okay, as long as we are discussing headsets and CD players, what are the best sunglasses for visibility and comfort? I’ve been wearing Raybans, which have great lenses, but I notice my DC headset puts pressure on the frames and they start to bother me after an hour or so.

Okay, as long as we are discussing headsets and CD players, what are the best sunglasses for visibility and comfort
I use Randolph Aviators. They’re cheaper and lightter than Raybans, tougher (I had a pair of Raybans that got all out of shape) and the bayonet arms on the Randolphs go under the headset better, or you can rest the arms on top of your headset for a change. I’m on my 2nd pair (lost the others in San Jose!) and would not switch to anything else.

Maui Joe’s, polarized, with a light brownish tint.

I got mine at a Sunglass Hut. With them, you can see clouds and other planes with striking clarity.

Okay, as long as we are discussing headsets and CD players, what are the best sunglasses for visibility and comfort? I’ve been wearing Raybans, which have great lenses, but I notice my DC headset puts pressure on the frames and they start to bother me after an hour or so.

I use Serengeti Drivers. Wouldn’t consider anything else. They also got a good review in Aviation Consumer awhile back.

I use Serengeti Drivers. Wouldn’t consider anything else. They also got a good review in Aviation Consumer awhile back.

Serengeti’s here as well, thin frame for headset form fitting. Nothing better that I’ve found for those hazy late CA afternoon landings.

Serengeti’s here as well, thin frame for headset form fitting. Nothing better that I’ve found for those hazy late CA afternoon landings.

Agreed. The Serengeti Drivers are great, and can usually be found at your local BJ’s for $49.

Agreed. The Serengeti Drivers are great, and can usually be found at your local BJ’s for $49.

If you like the Serengeti Drivers, try the Serengeti Strata lenses. They are difficult to find, expensive, but they are the best i’ve ever seen for cutting into haze. IMHO they are the best.

Marty