SR22B autopilot?

Cirrus finally! has the SR22 info on its web site. It lists the autopilot for both the A and B configurations as the System FiftyX. Does anyone know if this is a change, or just a copy and paste error?

Cirrus finally! has the SR22 info on its web site. It lists the autopilot for both the A and B configurations as the System FiftyX. Does anyone know if this is a change, or just a copy and paste error?

I don’t know the answer to that question. It probably is, since the System FiftyX is the autopilot on the B configuration only.

There is one item of note, however. The prototype SR22 that was at AOPA in Long Beach had rudder trim. The Specification document that is on the SR 22 portion of the web site now describes that there is rudder trim. Page 9 of this document refers to “Electric yaw trim is controlled through a two position switch on the center console”. The prototype had a rudder position indicator together with a switch. It is not clear from the Specification document, but I would presume that a rudder position indicator is provided, since it is certainly a good to know where the rudder trim is set!

Anybody have any word on when the SR22 certification will be complete?

I don’t know the answer to that question. It probably is, since the System FiftyX is the autopilot on the B configuration only.

There is one item of note, however. The prototype SR22 that was at AOPA in Long Beach had rudder trim. The Specification document that is on the SR 22 portion of the web site now describes that there is rudder trim. Page 9 of this document refers to “Electric yaw trim is controlled through a two position switch on the center console”. The prototype had a rudder position indicator together with a switch. It is not clear from the Specification document, but I would presume that a rudder position indicator is provided, since it is certainly a good to know where the rudder trim is set!

Anybody have any word on when the SR22 certification will be complete?

It is my understanding that CD is still looking for full certification of the “B” model SR22 this month.

Also, I believe that the SR22 “B” has the S-TEC/Meggit 55X autopilot and two position rudder trim which could be for “normal” and “climb”?

Marty #20

Does anyone know what the 55X is? I can’t find any mention of it on the S-TEC site. Is it a 55 with built-in GPSS steering? Does that differ from the later SR20C autopilots? (Earlier 20Cs got the straight 55, while the later ones will get the “55 with GPSS”.)

Also, I believe that the SR22 “B” has the S-TEC/Meggit 55X autopilot and two position rudder trim which could be for “normal” and “climb”?

Marty #20