SR22 Temps

I know the 20’s are having an oil and cht concern on hot days but what about the 22’s? Is N84MR a 22?

I know the 20’s are having an oil and cht concern on hot days but what about the 22’s? Is N84MR a 22?

My experience with SR22 temps (45 hours, flying in FL, KT, MS) have been great. The CHT’s are usually just below 300. initially when leaning, CHt’s will exceed 300, but unless I’m flying at high power settings and peak power, they’ve always been below 300. (Until I get the ARNAV enginemonitoring package installe next week, I am committed to keeping cruise power settings at 65% or below. At 9 - 11K feet, TAS’s have been around 170 KTS, and fuel flow consistently below 14 GPH.)

EGT’s have been very resonable as well. I think they have been consistently below 1400, but I focus more on the position, and not the actual tempurature.

Overall I have had no issues.

I live in Arizona and so far no problem. CHTS around 300. Oil temp can climb on extended taxis on hot days, but it has never hit red line and cools as soon as you take off and get some air trought the oil cooler.

Roger

N706CD

Chris,

N84MR is an SR20.

• Mike.

(Until I get the ARNAV enginemonitoring package installe next week, I am committed to keeping cruise power settings at 65% or below.

According to Continental, you should not “baby” your engine during break-in, else risk decreased service life for the engine. They recommend:

o Use full rated power and RPM for every takeoff until at least 400 feet.

o Climb at 75% power.

o Cruise at 65% to 75% power, not below.

o Avoid high-altitude operation during the break-in period, because density altitudes above 8000 feet will not permit sufficient cruise power.

o Interrupt cruise power every 30 minutes or so with a smooth advance to full available manifold pressure and RPM for about 30 seconds.

o Avoid long power-off descents.

o Keep ground running time to a minimum.

Source: “Tips on engine care” - Continental form # X30548 dated 7/00

After I posted this I found the http://www.8ballfc.org/dontbaby1.htmfull text online. This is reprinted in its entirety in the Continental document I referenced. Check it out.