SR22 Insurance Quote

We just got a quote for $6200 from an obscure insurance company thru our broker. USAIG, AIG wouldn’t insure the SR22. We are high time, IFR, and flight instructors. What are recent 22 drivers getting for quotes and what companies. Picking up N122CG Oct 11!

Chris

Chris-

Re your insurance at 6200... I got a quote from AOPA (USAIG) for 4600 (I have 1000 hrs and IFR)but I have since found out that USAIG has decided recently to limit their new Cirrus policies to current customers (I have a 172 with them now). And, they will not provide “open” pilot clause anymore…must have Wings Aloft certification to fly the plane under their policy. The rumor is that the Ga plane that emergency landed a month ago (approx) was a problem re: wing and vertical stab removal for transport out of the field…and they want to observe a bit before biting off too much more business on the Cirrus.

I got a policy in July through London Aviation Underwriters (using AOPA’s brokerage service). I am a very low time pilot (under 200 hours) and paid about $7500 (ouch!). This was for an SR22 B configuration.

Alex

We just got a quote for $6200 from an obscure insurance company thru our broker. USAIG, AIG wouldn’t insure the SR22. We are high time, IFR, and flight instructors. What are recent 22 drivers getting for quotes and what companies. Picking up N122CG Oct 11!

Chris

I got a policy in July through London Aviation Underwriters (using AOPA’s brokerage service). I am a very low time pilot (under 200 hours) and paid about $7500 (ouch!). This was for an SR22 B configuration.

Alex

Chris

O.K.I CAN NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE. Just to start off I am a AOPA asn vol. for my local airport. (sjc). I love aopa but as far as a insurance service, having owned 3 new planes Dave and I have always beat there rates and coverages by a min of 30%. I think a good aircraft insurance broker is the most important part of ownership. The next important part of picking a broker is 1. do they know what a Cirrus is and can do. 2. how many Cirrus have they placed and insured. (do they know the market). I just dug out all the qoutes for our sr22 they are as follows. aopa $7340.00, Avemco $6350.00, Chris Zannete $4525.00. all coverages are for 1mill/100k/seat. pilots times are 250hours/no ifr and 750hours/ifr. As you can guess the prem are based on the low time pilot.

I am not trying to puch Chris or anyone else, my point is find a broker that can shop 6-8 underwriters not aopa that shops 3. I hope this save some of you some money!..Tailwinds always,Ed

If you would like Chris Zannetes phone number you can email me.

Alex

Chris

O.K.I CAN NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE. Just to start off I am a AOPA asn vol. for my local airport. (sjc). I love aopa but as far as a insurance service, having owned 3 new planes Dave and I have always beat there rates and coverages by a min of 30%. I think a good aircraft insurance broker is the most important part of ownership. The next important part of picking a broker is 1. do they know what a Cirrus is and can do. 2. how many Cirrus have they placed and insured. (do they know the market). I just dug out all the qoutes for our sr22 they are as follows. aopa $7340.00, Avemco $6350.00, Chris Zannete $4525.00. all coverages are for 1mill/100k/seat. pilots times are 250hours/no ifr and 750hours/ifr. As you can guess the prem are based on the low time pilot.

I am not trying to puch Chris or anyone else, my point is find a broker that can shop 6-8 underwriters not aopa that shops 3. I hope this save some of you some money!..Tailwinds always,Ed

I agree Ed. AOPA for Insurance is a bad idea. I used Falcon and paid $2500 less than AOPA .

BillW

Alex

Chris

O.K. so the “contact me by email” was a bad idea! So instead of emailing everyone, here we go. Chris Zannette 650-593-3636 or toll free @ 888-723-3358. Good luck to all…Ed

Alex

Chris

I agree Ed. AOPA for Insurance is a bad idea. I used Falcon and paid $2500 less than AOPA .

BillW

Was this before or after the accident in Georgia? I think the incurance underwriters are now very skittish about the 22. But thanks for the tips…we’ll look into these recommendations.

Alex

Chris

BillW

Was this before or after the accident in Georgia? I think the incurance underwriters are now very skittish about the 22. But thanks for the tips…we’ll look into these recommendations.

We just insured our bird 2 weeks ago…Ed