SR20, SR22

Hello…
I am a new member of COPA. Have been out of flying for a few years and looking to get back into it the best way…with a Cirrus. Given the financial implications will likely be a pre owned model. My question…is there a place I can go to view the changes year over year to the 20 and 22. Essentially from inception to 2003? Will appreciate any guidance/help offered.
Thanks in advance,
Bill Croutch

Hi Bill,

I’d be happy to chat with you on the phone and try to give you a summary. I am not aware of any place that lists all of the various combinations, but can fill you in. I sent you a private e-mail over this board with my phone number. Feel free to call.

Scott:

I’ve been asked this question from time to time, and as more airplanes arrive on the resale market, the question will appear more often. I think that it would be a good thing to have a published response to this question.

We can exploit the knowledge of current owners to get the serial numbers right for each change in feature set.

At the end, we can post it as a COPA FAQ and maintain it as the type evolves.

I am not an expert on this topic, but I’m willing to help.

In reply to:

I’ve been asked this question from time to time, and as more airplanes arrive on the resale market, the question will
appear more often. I think that it would be a good thing to have a published response to this question.

We can exploit the knowledge of current owners to get the serial numbers right for each change in feature set.
At the end, we can post it as a COPA FAQ and maintain it as the type evolves. I am not an expert on this topic, but I’m willing to help.

Ted,

I’m sure you are expert enough. [;)]

Bill and I had a good discussion and there are tons of decision points that are often difficult to nearly impossible to anticipate with each pilot’s set of requirements. It would be great if someone would create a document or FAQ that does a little history of what options were available, difference between the “models” that were produced and approximately the dates these were available. Sounds like a fairly difficult task.

This may help out someone who is deciding to buy a pre-owned Cirrus.