SR20 Operating Costs

What are the operating costs of the SR20 versus the competition (which I understand is fairly slim to say the least!) Has anyone put together a spreedsheet on the ownership/operating costs, etc.

It would really help me! you can email it to me directly.

Many thanks in advance,

C. Robinson

I’m in a 4 way partnership in an SR20. We have only had the plane since Nov. 2000. We currently charge ourselves $250.00 a month each for fixed expenses (insurance, hangar, etc) and $50.00 an hour wet. Of that $50.00 an hour 10% goes into an engine reserve fund and fuel is currently calculated at 1.75 a gallon. The rest goes into a MX fund. Yes, 1.75 is low and we will be re-evaluating our hourly charge in the near future. At the end of our first year all expenses will be looked at again and adjusted.

Hope this helps.

Larry, N171CD

What are the operating costs of the SR20 versus the competition (which I understand is fairly slim to say the least!) Has anyone put together a spreedsheet on the ownership/operating costs, etc.

It would really help me! you can email it to me directly.

Many thanks in advance,

C. Robinson

Hi Larry

Can I ask what is your insurence cost? And what is the insurence provider making you pay for your lowest time pilot in you partnership or are they blending the cost?

Thanks

Jim