Operating Costs

Looking at forming a local partnership and wondered what the real operating costs for the SR20 are so we can get the monthly dues and hourly cost relatively close. Trying to guage everything from annual insurance to what the engine overhaul holdback should be.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Looking at forming a local partnership and wondered what the real operating costs for the SR20 are so we can get the monthly dues and hourly cost relatively close. Trying to guage everything from annual insurance to what the engine overhaul holdback should be.

Don’t forget the $400/mo. for the person to mow the lawn so you can go fly; and the $400/mo for the person to clean the house so you can go fly; and the $400/mo. for the kennel so you can go fly!!!

Don’t forget the $400/mo. for the person to mow the lawn so you can go fly; and the $400/mo for the person to clean the house so you can go fly; and the $400/mo. for the kennel so you can go fly!!!

Isn’t that what I have kids for???

And, don’t forget: (1) the rental cars that you now need because you flew and left your car behind more often; (2) the hotels you stayed at, and the restaurant meals you bought because you took more trips than ever before; (3) the new tow you now need (the other one doesn’t fit a castering nosewheel; (4) the new, custom sunscreens with the “gold look”; (5) a better, more expensive hangar now that your plane is better, equipped with a wet bar, two refrigerators, recliner chairs and high def television with home theatre; (6) someone to care for the plane (You no longer wash or change the oil on your own plane, like when you were a common Cessna owner); (7) More CD’s for your in-flight enjoyment; (8) More updating for databases on two Garmin units, an ARNAV display, and your trusty old handheld you refused to sell with your beat up Cessna; (9) More liability coverage because you look like you’ve made it with a Cirrus, and are now a flying lawsuit attractor; and, most importantly, (10) Photographs of you flying a Cirrus over the Statue of Liberty.

Isn’t that what I have kids for???

Are you sure you can afford both ? :-))

And, don’t forget: …most importantly, (10) Photographs of you flying a Cirrus over the Statue of Liberty.
Gary,
I had read (1) through (9), and was all ready to reply saying that you had forgotten the most important one, but you hadn’t.
I would offer to tell you the REAL cost of having an air-to-air photo of you flying a Cirrus over the Statue of Liberty, but I’m here to assure you… You don’t want to know!

• Mike (grateful for any/all donations).