sr20 costs

Can someone please steer me to any forum threads concerning sr20 operating costs. Or, provide me with information. Has anyone put it together in a spreadsheet?

insurance cost?

cost of annual

engine overhaul
et.

thank you

Larry

Can someone please steer me to any forum threads concerning sr20 operating costs. Or, provide me with information. Has anyone put it together in a spreadsheet?

insurance cost?

cost of annual

engine overhaul
et.

thank you

Larry,

You’ve asked the question several times and much like any discussion on the board, you sparked a debate about gadgetry, specifically which handheld GPS model does what. I dunno how it happens, it just does.

Least time in an SR20 and lowest overall PIC time(probably) on the board so take it for what it is worth:

Insurance can be anywhere from $3,500 to $6,500 depending on your time and rating. Mine is around $6,000 based on my level and meeting certain training requirements. Should drop dramatically next year.

For the engine overhaul at 2,000 hours you’re supposed to figure $25,000 as a budget item or $12.50/hour.

Annuals (haven’t done one yet) but should be $1,000-$1,500 depending on your shop and how much you fly.

Paint and interior overhaul, supposed to budget $17,000 at 3,500 hours. Seems light to me but…

Software upgrades and Jepp data $800 - $1,000/yr.

Fuel, been averaging about 12/gal per hour but mostly pattern and training work.

Oil change every 35-50 hours.

Tailwinds,

Brig