WOW - SR20 Demo

Now For Something Completely Different!! I can understand some of the frustration out there with what seems to be slowness in making deliveries to those of us contract holders…what with all the recent comments made on the SR22 / SR2X models.

However, let me take this time to post a message on a bit of Good News.
Yesterday, Dick Loynachan, sales rep with Cirrus Design (he sold me the #279)came to take me for my demo ride. Dick actually landed here at (KNW)

Kenosha (WI)Regional Airport late afternoon the day before, so we had dinner together talking for 2 hours about the company, his new SR20 N119CD, plus some of his personal experiences. It was an enjoyable evening, and a great time for me to pick his brain, plus he seemed to enjoy it.

The next morning we went to the airport where the SR20 was hangared inside NA Jet Center. My first look at it was somewhat of surprise, as I had seen Walt’s plane in Mid-July when he fly it here so my wife & I could see an SR20 for the 1st time. The surprise was the new side “Millineum” graphics decal, which in my opinion is a major improvement. Cirrus should post this on their web site so all can see it!!

Next the plane was taken outside where I took several photo’s of it from all directions. We then got in the plane, went over the instruments and preflight, called ground and moved out to 32.

Because of the weather we were only able to fly in the pattern, which was fine for me, as we were able to do 6-7 take-offs / landings with a touch & go. The experience was one of the best that I have had in sometime. It handled like a dream, has more power than I expected, flys smooth & FAST!!
After yesterdays demo and conversation with Dick, plus previously seeing Walt’s plane - I am now truly convinced that I made the right choice in selecting the Cirrus Design SR20 as our personal aircraft. Now all I have to do is wait to take delivery.

P.S. According to Dick, he states that the president of Cirrus still plans on having 150 aircraft delivered by the end of this year!! I for one am hopeful that this can happen, which means that I should have #173 by end of January 2001 or early February if they can hold to that plan.

Best regards to all,

Gerry Mengo #173 & #279

Thanks very much for this reminder of what we’re actually talking about here. You mention that you’ve taken lots of pictures of the plane, the new decal, etc. How about shipping them digitally to Clyde of Australia for posting? Thanks Jim F

Now For Something Completely Different!! I can understand some of the frustration out there with what seems to be slowness in making deliveries to those of us contract holders…what with all the recent comments made on the SR22 / SR2X models.

However, let me take this time to post a message on a bit of Good News.

Great comments, thanks Gerry! It’s nice to remember what the cause of our frustrations

is. (Hey Dick, don’t forget Marty down in Kentucky.)

Thanks very much for this reminder of what we’re actually talking about here. You mention that you’ve taken lots of pictures of the plane, the new decal, etc. How about shipping them digitally to Clyde of Australia for posting? Thanks Jim F

Reply to “JK”: Thanks for the suggestion to sent my photos to Clyde, and wouldn’t you know it.

But, Clyde sent me an e-mail message asking that I do the samething!! My camera is a 35mm and not a digital, however, I ask Clyde to give me comments on just how this can be done. As soon as I hear back from him, I will send all of them to him, so he can post them…

Regards,

Gerry #173 & #279

My camera is a 35mm and not a digital, however, I ask Clyde to give me comments on just how this can be done.

I’ve emailed Gerry, but for the benefit of anyone else who has pictures they would like to send me, check with your photo processing shop - they may well be able to put your photos into a digital format at the time of processing (or from the negatives later). Smaller shops may not do it, but should be able to direct you. Then just email me the image files, along with a short description and attribution.

Clyde

Reply to Gerry:

If you like to send me the licks, I’ll scann them and e-mail to Clyde. You can e-mail me for may address:

jatiii@aol.com

If you get Kodak processing — you can elect to have the photos put on either a CD, a floppy disk, or directly on the WEB. The resolution of the CD and WEB based is better than the floppy disk – but for putting on a web site the floppy disk is most likely good enough.

Bernie

?I’ve emailed Gerry, but for the benefit of anyone else who has pictures they would like to send me, check with your photo processing shop - they may well be able to put your photos into a digital format at the time of processing (or from the negatives later). Smaller shops may not do it, but should be able to direct you. Then just email me the image files, along with a short description and attribution.

?

?Clyde

Great comments, thanks Gerry! It’s nice to remember what the cause of our frustrations

is. (Hey Dick, don’t forget Marty down in Kentucky.)

Reply to Marty: Dick’s plans were changed, as originally he was to continue on to due several additional demo’s in Iowa and then on to some other areas (don’t know where). But, he did receive a phone call from Cirrus to fly back to corporate offices immediately after my demo flight. Seems that some the major investors were coming that afternoon, and they needed him to have him fly them around {for their demo’s)!! Therefore, he returned back to Duluth for several days…

Thanks for the comments, and I hope this information helps!!?

Gerry Mengo #173 & #279