speaking of numbers

does anyone know if planes are on track?

should be somewhere near 30?

From what I heard as of a couple of days ago, they had delivered 24 planes (through s/n 1028) and were slightly ahead of schedule.

Has anybody with contract numbers > 50 gotten estimated delivery dates (and made the six month payment) yet? At contract 72 I’ve made the option request but haven’t gotten anything back yet.

S/N 1033 is officially now scheduled for May 5 delivery (the previous official date was May 15).

From what I heard as of a couple of days ago, they had delivered 24 planes (through s/n 1028) and were slightly ahead of schedule.

Has anybody with contract numbers > 50 gotten estimated delivery dates (and made the six month payment) yet? At contract 72 I’ve made the option request but haven’t gotten anything back yet.

Dave,

I received a “revised Contract delivery date” for position #56 (s/n 1053) of 8/15/00. They also requested the six month payment. The letter was dated March 2nd.

In speaking with a woman in Contracts (Sherri wasn’t around and I forget the woman’s name), she told me that contract delivery dates were being revised in blocks of 10, eg positions 51-60 were all given a contract delivery date of 8/15. Of course all 10 planes will not be delivered on the same day and she indicated that at some point in the next couple of months I’d receive a scheduled actual delivery date, which is expected to be earlier than 8/15.

I would guess folks in the 60’s should be getting a similar letter very shortly (conservatively with a 9/15 date) and if Cirrus can show some confidence in their ability to ramp up production who knows, maybe the 70 something positions will be included in the same lot. If the company has any prayer of producing 150 planes this year their going to have to do a lot better than 10 in the month of September.

They told me position#69 is scheduled for delivery on Sep. 15th but most likely it will be sooner. I am hoping mid-august, but they have not asked for progress payment beyond the original $15k deposit. They did ask for selection of “A”, “B”, or “C” and the other options. I selected “A” with altitude hold and leather seats. I am still working on color and other things.

How much is the 6 month pre delivery payment? Does it vary with options selected?

How much is the 6 month pre delivery payment? Does it vary with options selected?

My now-prehistoric contract says $7500 at six months, another $7500 at three months, and balance on delivery. Dunno if they still work the same.

For us it was another $15,000. I would assume it’s the same for everybody.