Sam's interior

Could it be that Sam’s interior is made of brighter material than the interior shown on CD’s website? Or is it just a different light environment.

Placido

Could it be that Sam’s interior is made of brighter material than the interior shown on CD’s website? Or is it just a different light environment.
It was taken with flash at fairly close range. So I don’t think you should read too much into that aspect of it.
BTW, check the ground speed on the http://www.sr20.org/pix/n98cr-avionics.jpgGPS - 160 knots. Nice.
And a plea to that growing band of SR20 owners out there - send me some pictures of your babies! Email me - clyde@sr20.org.

It was taken with flash at fairly close range. So I don’t think you should read too much into that aspect of it.

BTW, check the ground speed on the http://www.sr20.org/pix/n98cr-avionics.jpgGPS - 160 knots. Nice.

And a plea to that growing band of SR20 owners out there - send me some pictures of your babies! Email me - clyde@sr20.org.

I thought it was even 168 kts

Could it be that Sam’s interior is made of brighter material than the interior shown on CD’s website? >

Not that it really matters, but I’m skeptical that a flash bulb could account for the difference in colors. Compare these two shots, the first from the Cirrus site and the second from Sam R’s plane. The colors seem uniformly different, not just with locally washed-out tones like those from a nearby flash:

www.cirrusdesign.com/images/Instrument%20panel_ss.jpg

This Cirrus shot has been unchanged since before the time that they were actually delivering planes to customers. So one possibility could be that this was a prototype, and they tried some different interior on production models, or on N98CR in particular. I just don’t remember, from the one I flew, whether it was “light” or “dark.” And to be honest my color preference is: whichever is faster to produce. jf

I thought it was even 168 kts

Nope, I have the original higher-res image that Sam sent me, and the GNC250 is indicating 160.5 gs and the GNS 430 shows 161. The ASI is reading 133 KIAS, which at 8000ft and 1C OAT (nearly ISA) works out to about 155 KTAS.