Centennial Edition

If anyone is at Oshkosh and has a digital cam. Could you take a pic of the new SR 22 and post it? Mike

Additionally I would suggest you shoot a few of the interior - the interior appointments are different than a standard SR22.

I was there today. Sure wish I’d have seen the request before I left or I would have brought my camera. I didn’t look inside as there was a large crowd standing around around and I didn’t want to get in the way of potential buyers.

I will say that the color of the plane looks to me to be a light beige. If you get one, there won’t be a problem finding your plane at the next Migration!

In reply to:

Additionally I would suggest you shoot a few of the interior - the interior appointments are different than a standard SR22.

Scott,

Your wish, Sir, is my command.

Don’t click on this ATTACHMENT unless you have lots of bandwidth, or lots of patience.

In reply to:

If you get one, there won’t be a problem finding your plane at the next Migration!

Yep, it will be one of the 100 sold and ~50 at the migration.[:)]

"Yep, it will be one of the 100 sold and ~50 at the migration. "

Yes you’re right Marty, there will be more than one. However at about 10% of the fleet that would be about 10 planes to choose from.

Nice, Thanks Mike. Going out to buy some Lottery tickets!! Mike N402MB

I like the polished exhaust pipes, but IMO that is one UGLY paint scheme!

Am I the only one who actually does not like the look of the Centennial edition Cirrus? Seems they are trying to incorporate an old style of color and texture in a very modern airplane. The fit just does not work for me.

Personally, I would like to see a nice wood grain dash, at least as an option.

No Brian, You’re not the only one. The color reminds me of the 1970’s Cessna’s and Piper’s. If you add a mustard or avocado green stripe then it gives you that 1970’s kitchen feel.

Don’t forget the orange shag carpeting!

Oooh gosh !

I can’t hold back any more. The color may not have made it to any focus groups for some reason…and I would agree - it isn’t appealing to me. What " is " appealing is the effort and energy to come up with some fresh new concepts from a interior and exterior design standpoint. But the body color and interior are not quite the Lexus or Mercedes look I was hoping for. The use of Chrome was nice in the exhaust and step areas though.

The effort and energy are well placed most certainly.
1-54724-lexusinterior.gif

Scott says:“The effort and energy are well placed most certainly”.

I say it is one step forward in the right direction after a few steps backwards. I had the pleasure catching a ride in Paul Triana’s SR22 (first production SR22) to pick up my plane in KMRY. I must say that his interior and exterior is more what I had anticipated. The interior of his plane is MUCH better than the interior of my bird serial # 481. For instance his leather seats are more LEXUS/BMW style like. And his armrest inserts are color matched as advertised AND covered in leather! It seems to me that someone at CD was desperately trying to cut costs. I am frankly very disappointed with the look and feel of the interior after spending 350K. It was often mentioned that the interior of a cirrus was resembling that of the X-5 BMW, simple and classy.

Rik