New Graphics

Since no one has started a discussion on this, I thought I would!

I just received a package from Cirrus regarding the “new” graphics, interior options and other things.

The good news is that it clearly says “The gross weight of the SR20 is increased to 3,000lbs”. This is, of course, on new deliveries! It makes no mention of what needs to be done on existing planes to achive a higher gross weight or what they did different on new planes.

OK, now I don’t know what I was expecting, but the new graphics don’t do a lot for me? I think I liked the old graphics better and there were more color choices. We went from six color choices to 3.

Thoughts? Comments?

I like the new graphics better without the scimitar cutting through the N numbers. Also, I like the one-color seats, instead of the two tone. Overall, a good improvement. However, not as dramatic as I would like to see in the paint scheme. I would prefer more color than just the stripes.

I just received a package from Cirrus regarding the “new” graphics, interior options and other things.

The good news is that it clearly says “The gross weight of the SR20 is increased to 3,000lbs”. This is, of course, on new deliveries! It makes no mention of what needs to be done on existing planes to achive a higher gross weight or what they did different on new planes.

OK, now I don’t know what I was expecting, but the new graphics don’t do a lot for me? I think I liked the old graphics better and there were more color choices. We went from six color choices to 3.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thoughts? Comments?

Funny you should mention it! After I, too, got my options package yesterday, I was just about to raise this topic here (and with Cirrus).

In a word, I find the new colors UGLY! Okay, to be charitable, they leave me flat and cheapen the appearance of this otherwise handsome bird. Prior color schemes had a contrasting secondary color (such as grey), but the “improved” design uses lighter shades of the same color (such as combining red with…pink)!

I realize that this is largely a matter of personal taste, but I’m seriously considering asking for an all-white (no decal) plane.

If anyone else feels the same way, I’d urge you to contact Cirrus, as I will. Since they’ve not yet finished any SR20A’s, we might still be able to bring back the old colors, if they aren’t victims of cost-cutting.

If we can’t, maybe the resale value of the first-model-year SR20s just went up! :wink:

I just wanted to add a clarification on the “new” graphics. After more thought and a little web research, I am even less impressed with this new and improved graphic. Take a look at Cessna, Diamond, Piper and other web sites. I think the graphics on those planes look much more appealing than what we have.

Do only Michael #243 and I feel this way?

David Raab

SR20 #264

I like the new graphics better without the scimitar cutting through the N numbers. Also, I like the one-color seats, instead of the two tone. Overall, a good improvement. However, not as dramatic as I would like to see in the paint scheme. I would prefer more color than just the stripes.

FYI, the scimitar was optional in the old graphics package. I do agree with your preference for the monochromatic seats, but buyers retain a choice in this area.

I believe I’ve read that solid color schemes (such as we see on aluminum aircraft) must be avoided due to potential high-temp degradation in composite aircraft (though I wonder how Lancair does it).

However unhappy I may be with the new colors, I suppose that we should keep our attention on the great news in the new SR20A specs: GW increase, Sandel option, improved cowl/light and transponder…not to mention the fact that it will actually be in production again!

I believe I’ve read that solid color schemes (such as we see on aluminum aircraft) must be avoided due to potential high-temp degradation in composite aircraft (though I wonder how Lancair does it).

The temperature tolerance of their composite material is higher than Cirrus and since they are certified as utility it is apparently stronger.

I just wanted to add a clarification on the “new” graphics. After more thought and a little web research, I am even less impressed with this new and improved graphic. Take a look at Cessna, Diamond, Piper and other web sites. I think the graphics on those planes look much more appealing than what we have.

David Raab

SR20 #264

Actually, my wife and I both liked the “new” graphics better than the old ones, when we saw some planes with the new scheme in person at Oshkosh. Maybe the printed sheets don’t give it justice? (Or maybe we just have bad taste!)

Steve

I would like oxygen, I would like deice, I would like approach plates and enroute charts, and I don’t care at all about the stripe. I expect to spend most of my time either in the plane or away from the plane, and I will have very little chance to actually look at the outside.

David Raab

SR20 #264

Actually, my wife and I both liked the “new” graphics better than the old ones, when we saw some planes with the new scheme in person at Oshkosh. Maybe the printed sheets don’t give it justice? (Or maybe we just have bad taste!)

Steve

I’m embarassed to say that I was so distracted by all the toys at OSH that I took no notice of the new design when I had the chance! I did enjoy the Alan & Ian show though…

I hope you are right, Steve!

Steve

Just to chime in about this (and I don’t want Steve to put all the blame on me) – I specifically remember really liking the green and blue versions of the new scheme – I don’t really recall the red at all HOWEVER, I know that one of the stripes in the blue and green was a VERY light shade so it would seem to follow that the strip of “light red” could resemble pink. I’d just call Cirrus if you really want to know if it’s pink or not.

Hope this helps! Happy Flying!

Robin

Hello Steve,

I have not seen the new stuff, but if Robin likes it I like it too…

Your bird got washed yesterday, we needed it.

Cheers,

Woor

PS Rain that is…

David Raab

SR20 #264

Steve