R22 hangersize

I want to alert all the future R22 owners that they had better double check their “standard” hanger door opening. I have, and discovered that the R22 will only fit with the aid of a shoe horn. Each hanger door varies in its construction and the 39-40 ft opening you think you have is NOT the case.
This is the one difference in the R22, from the R20, that didn’t dawn on me until I saw the plane at AOPA (after I had made the deposit). I just vent this concern because it helps me deal with my stupidity, embarrassment, and reality that I may have to pass on this plane. My position is #155, so if you see a for sale sign, you’ll know why.

darryl

I want to alert all the future R22 owners that they had better double check their “standard” hanger door opening. I have, and discovered that the R22 will only fit with the aid of a shoe horn. Each hanger door varies in its construction and the 39-40 ft opening you think you have is NOT the case.
This is the one difference in the R22, from the R20, that didn’t dawn on me until I saw the plane at AOPA (after I had made the deposit). I just vent this concern because it helps me deal with my stupidity, embarrassment, and reality that I may have to pass on this plane. My position is #155, so if you see a for sale sign, you’ll know why.

darryl

We bought a house 15 years ago before we measured the boat that was supposed to fit in the garage. The deed restrictions required the boat to be inside. On moving day, we had to manually hold open the door another two inches to clear the windshield. Then, we had to turn the outboard motor to shorten the length a few inches to be able to close the door. We all felt lucky that day. I’m not sure what I would have done – enlarge the garage? I could have used a new trailer years ago, but wouldn’t dare buy another that might be higher or longer. Based on this enlightening experience, I warned all the forum watchers a few months ago about the big wings on both Cirrus models. You probably don’t want the wing tips sticking out of some cut-outs on the sides of the hanger. The SR20 barely fits in my current hanger and I’m certain the SR22 can’t. I’m sorry, but you must have missed my previous post.

darryl

We bought a house 15 years ago before we measured the boat that was supposed to fit in the garage. The deed restrictions required the boat to be inside. On moving day, we had to manually hold open the door another two inches to clear the windshield. Then, we had to turn the outboard motor to shorten the length a few inches to be able to close the door. We all felt lucky that day. I’m not sure what I would have done – enlarge the garage? I could have used a new trailer years ago, but wouldn’t dare buy another that might be higher or longer. Based on this enlightening experience, I warned all the forum watchers a few months ago about the big wings on both Cirrus models. You probably don’t want the wing tips sticking out of some cut-outs on the sides of the hanger. The SR20 barely fits in my current hanger and I’m certain the SR22 can’t. I’m sorry, but you must have missed my previous post.

Nothing is impossible. I think most hangar doors are smaller than the actual hangar. Have you ever seen big hangar, on the center at the top, they have a small door, like a garage door? :slight_smile: well we can do that to one or both sides if we need to. As long as the inside is wider than the door. I hope all of you will be able to get your bird inside your hangar. I lucked out, the one I bought I used to park a Cheyenne. I will have room to spare, that was pure luck. Hey, how about some winglets… may be we can shorten the wing by using WingLets. Does anyone know if you can remove the tips. Would be nice to put shorter ones so we could do 200kts… I like Winglets, I think it would look great.
I also got the word yesterday that our big screen is actually going to have some functions. Sounds great. What we need now is to make it work with our DVD’s. Bring the ice cooler, set the autopilot with the 430 for a 4 hour round robin. Just think, dinner, drinks (ice tea) desert (?!@?) and a good movie all at one mile up. What an era that we live in… Have a great Cirrus day.

Woor

N555WP

ncern because it helps me deal with my stupidity, >I also got the word yesterday that our big screen is actually going to have some functions. Sounds great.

that is great news, but what functions? Is the What’s the timing? Is the source any good?

Marty SR22 #20

ncern because it helps me deal with my stupidity, >I also got the word yesterday that our big screen is actually going to have some functions. Sounds great.

that is great news, but what functions? Is the What’s the timing? Is the source any good?

Marty SR22 #20

Hello Marty,

Here is the latest upgrades to the ICDS 2000.

The WX500 interface is available now. The engine monitoring should be available in your SR22 first quarter of 2001 and weather in the second

quarter.

Cirrus will be making retrofit kits available for the ones that did not have the above features when their airplane was deliverd.

ARNAV and Cirrus, are working hard to make all the features every customer is waiting for

available with a minimum of inconvenience.

I do feel that by Sun and Fun the ball is going to be moving very well, and that most of us will be getting all but weather map. We all have been patient and we need to be a little more, hang in there, we all should know how to do that well by now. It is easier now because we can see the light on the end of the tunnel. Have a great Cirrus week ahead. Only 29 more Sundays then I can go for a $300K bird, all this wait so I can go flying and get a $100 burger. I must be nuts. No comments please…
Cheers,

Woor