Parachute Repack delays

But it seems that these delays happen a lot. I recall at least two other times since 2012 when there was a back log of chutes. Same goes for the line cutters.

I agree 100%!

2 Likes

Perhaps we were lucky. We just had the chute done, way down under in Australia. No problems at all with supply and all went to schedule.
However we did organize this months in advance, we planned to have a holiday on the Gold Coast for a couple of weeks to escape the winter weather down in Melbourne.
Of course COVID got in the way so Jane and I could not stay on the Gold Coast, so I just left the plane there and came back to Melbourne.

Safe flying

Robin

Robin - What’s the date of your chute since that is the key to your next repack. That’s been an issue in the past as well along with line cutters.

Robin you were lucky. I ordered mine and paid for it on 7th September 2020 and I still don’t have it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage:

1 Like

The other issue I have is the rocket is there approaching 6 months old so the next repac is already 9.5 years and reducing.

Hi Mal
Sorry to hear that. Guess we were lucky.
VH TTV is just across from VH EET now at YMMB.
Let me know if you want to go flying.
Cheers Robin

Thanks Robin much appreciated for the offer. I will keep it in mind. Stay well

You’re not alone. I ordered parts in September 2020. They haven’t arrived and the shop can’t predict when they will. For a customer service grade, I vote “F.” But not really sure who is at fault. The message would seem to be you need to start the repack order a year in advance.

Hi Vernon there response is exactly the same to me so welcome to the Far que. Literally they have our money and won’t even give an indication when we will get it. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE​:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage:

1 Like

If Cirrus can’t deliver the parts I would suggest that they lower the price for each month you lose of the 10 years.

3 Likes

Cirrus should extend the setvice life of the parachute AND Cirrus should reduce the price of repack parts. Cirrus should also certify BRS as an alternate supplier… especially as cirrus has proven itself an unreliable, price gouging supplier.

7 Likes

We all know Cirrus only has 1 agenda and that is selling new planes. We are just an inconvenience and they treat us with absolute contempt. They really don’t care how long our plane is grounded and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

2 Likes

I will say that each time I have dealt with Cirrus it has been straightforward and the service was exceptionally pleasant. I, too, had to wait longer than anticipated for parts to complete the repack. We had to have a ferry permit to move the plane in a time when pilots need not worry about currency restrictions. I am currently waiting ten to fourteen weeks on windows and eight weeks on cabinets. It isn’t just chute parts and it will get worse.
I do wish they would consider extending the chute life since they now have overwhelmingly data proving its vitality. I understand their revenue stream though.

2 Likes

David I totally agree with extending the life as there overwhelming evidence. My frustration is we can’t even get an approx delivery date we get nothing. I don’t know if it is this year next year or never

I totally understand and would be frustrated. After all, they have ten years to be prepared. It isn’t like they are surprised that you are going to need it. The issue seems to be the shelf life of some of the components. Just as having to wait we would be frustrated if we lost a year of certification due to aged parts. It is a balancing act and as usual the customer suffers.

2 Likes

Spot on David.

1 Like

Maybe its a time to write a petition to Cirrus. If we will do it all together it may touch them.
Otherwise we can wait endless.
Br

1 Like

Perhaps there are some enterprising writers for aviation mags who are interested in a perspective from the fleet. A little brutally honest press might be more effective than a petition to Cirrus.

4 Likes

Up date. Last Monday Cirrus informed us that they have found a chute to repac and will send it next week. The next day one arrives at the service centre here in Australia. Not sure if there is another one coming next week.

1 Like

We ordered all parts for the repac in November.
I flew the plane to the shop last week. Some days ago I received the info from them, that they are still waiting for the rocket. Other parts arrived at the shop drop by drop and they are working on it, but of course can’t finish it without the rocket.

What a shame, that Cirrus is unable to deliver all parts right in time (which was around 14 weeks)…

Anyone with the same issue right now? Any suggestion, when rockets will be available at Cirrus?

1 Like