Delivery delayed

My secretery got a call today from allison. due to the attack my plane has been delayed at least 1 week maybe more. She will keep me posted.something to due with geting parts and test flights.I will call her tomorrow from job site i was just geting realy fired up to go in 11 days big disapointment.But could be worse. Its just so many delays for so many resons. Im almost ready to give up its like it will never happen.They have not told wings yet becouse i got e mail from them today about my training so they must have just decided.Late in the days they could not make it. I know its in production i got apicture from cirrus last week.from Don 215

Hold on, Don. You’ve waited over three years now, like us. Don’t give up the ship!

My secretery got a call today from allison. due to the attack my plane has been delayed at least 1 week maybe more. She will keep me posted.something to due with geting parts and test flights.I will call her tomorrow from job site i was just geting realy fired up to go in 11 days big disapointment.But could be worse. Its just so many delays for so many resons. Im almost ready to give up its like it will never happen.They have not told wings yet becouse i got e mail from them today about my training so they must have just decided.Late in the days they could not make it. I know its in production i got apicture from cirrus last week.from Don 215

What did you get a picture of from Cirrus??

That’s interesting… I don’t see any -22’s being delayed… Guess money talks. What’s the chance Cirrus will work some overtime to get you -20 guys back on schedule? I assume their production folks realize they have 2 extra days a week and probably some time in the evenings they could use to expedite when parts become available. Then again these guys don’t seem to have much production planning and scheduling skills… Things just kind of happen. What a way to treat a customer!! Just the facts…

That’s interesting… I don’t see any -22’s being delayed… Guess money talks. What’s the chance Cirrus will work some overtime to get you -20 guys back on schedule? I assume their production folks realize they have 2 extra days a week and probably some time in the evenings they could use to expedite when parts become available. Then again these guys don’t seem to have much production planning and scheduling skills… Things just kind of happen. What a way to treat a customer!! Just the facts…
yes i was under the understanding that all parts had to be orderd 4 weeks in advance so im not sure sure whats up.but if they cant train becouse of no vfr flights thats anther thing. from Don 215

Calm down, there is lots more to this operation than meets the eye.

Cirrus is trying hard to give you their best estimate date. This is why it changes so much. If they would add two weeks to their projection then you would be getting a call saying your bird is ready. “You” would complain because why did they not know it was going to be ready sooner.

With the problem since 9-11 now things are not going smooth because parts are not flying in, look at the big picture, not just to Cirrus but to other factories that are building things that are coming to Cirrus. Back on the olden days we had inventories that you could build airplanes for 6 months. Not anymore, no one can survive doing it that way anymore.

Not having the paint shop in the same location, they have to fly to get it painted… test flight VFR only… these are only a few things that slows production. Be happy that Cirrus has over 230 out the door and yours is on the way. Be happy, the situation could be MUCH worst.

When the day comes I want you to have a great Cirrus day VFR or IFR just with a big Cirrus smile.

Woor

yes i was under the understanding that all parts had to be orderd 4 weeks in advance so im not sure sure whats up.but if they cant train becouse of no vfr flights thats anther thing. from Don 215

Calm down, there is lots more to this operation tha

Again I am not a position holder just a curious “lurker”.

Nothing personal “Woor” but I doubt seriously Cirrus Design has a Production Planning, Scheduling and Control System anywhere close to the “cutting edge” you describe. If they did a “real time” production status report by customer name would be available on their web site. Customer status would be dynamically updated daily and everyone would know where they stand instead of the on going “shell game” I see in the many posts on this board.

Quite frankly there were many alternatives Cirrus could have implemented to overcome the claimed “parts issue”. How about using the interstate highway system for starters. Obviously they chose to do nothing, resulting in further customer delays. IFR flight is approved. Work some overtime to catch up!

The real issue… What actions is Cirrus taking right now to get their process back on track? Customers don’t want to hear a bunch of “limp D” excuses. Customers want to hear what you are doing to serve them. Has Cirrus published anything, contacted position holders by phone or even come out with a revised production schedule? These are the things a professional organization would do and things the folks on this board should demand instead of all the mystery surrounding the production of just two products. “This is not rocket science”

Your turnÂ…Â…Â…Â……

My airplane is ready (the final test flight should have been completed, under IFR, by now). However, Wings Aloft hasn’t yet figured out how to conduct training under the current restrictions. We could file and fly airport to airport and perhaps get an altitude block for some airwork, but traffic pattern work remains forbidden.

CD is hangaring N747SJ for now and my plan is to pick up the plane when I can actually get the training I need to learn how to fly it. Hopefully, I’ll beat the snow to Duluth.

George

Again I am not a position holder just a curious “lurker”.

Well, then why are you here? Another out of work Cessna salesman looking to throw stones? You really should gather some facts before you make such uninformed statements. We try to stick to facts in this forum, not thinly disguised, mean spirited remarks. I am sure everyone would welcome you to drop back by anytime when you have real, verifiable information or you become a position holder.

Greg-SR22 #108

Nothing personal “Woor” but I doubt seriously Cirrus Design has a Production Planning, Scheduling and Control System anywhere close to the “cutting edge” you describe. If they did a “real time” production status report by customer name would be available on their web site. Customer status would be dynamically updated daily and everyone would know where they stand instead of the on going “shell game” I see in the many posts on this board.

Quite frankly there were many alternatives Cirrus could have implemented to overcome the claimed “parts issue”. How about using the interstate highway system for starters. Obviously they chose to do nothing, resulting in further customer delays. IFR flight is approved. Work some overtime to catch up!

The real issue… What actions is Cirrus taking right now to get their process back on track? Customers don’t want to hear a bunch of “limp D” excuses. Customers want to hear what you are doing to serve them. Has Cirrus published anything, contacted position holders by phone or even come out with a revised production schedule? These are the things a professional organization would do and things the folks on this board should demand instead of all the mystery surrounding the production of just two products. “This is not rocket science”

Your turnÂ…Â…Â…Â……

My airplane is ready (the final test flight should have been completed, under IFR, by now). However, Wings Aloft hasn’t yet figured out how to conduct training under the current restrictions.

Is VFR flight restricted in Canada? Buy the customs permit, have Wings Aloft file to the nearest Canadian airport & train up there… ( and see a beautiful country) & when you’re back in the States, file & bring it home

JD

Good suggestion but more complicated than it seems. First of all, you need a FlyWire from the FAA to take an aircraft with a “pink slip” registration into Canada. You guessed it: New aircraft have pink slip registrations. The Fly Wire can only be applied for with your signature AFTER you take title to the plane. THEN you have to wait AT LEAST 48 hours (business hours)for FAA to issue the Fly Wire and fax it to you. Of course, you also need the RadioTelephone license that I used to have SOMEWHERE.

I tried to make this work today but don’t want to fly to Duluth and then wait around for the better part of a week before I can exercise the train-in-Canada option.

Sigh

George Savage

N747SJ (someday!)

Is VFR flight restricted in Canada? Buy the customs permit, have Wings Aloft file to the nearest Canadian airport & train up there… ( and see a beautiful country) & when you’re back in the States, file & bring it home

JD

There was a good looking SR22 with a couple luck guys doing excatly that all day today and they had so much fun they are going back tomorrow…

Those guys are having a Canadian Cirrus great day…

Woor

Good suggestion but more complicated than it seems. First of all, you need a FlyWire from the FAA to take an aircraft with a “pink slip” registration into Canada. You guessed it: New aircraft have pink slip registrations. The Fly Wire can only be applied for with your signature AFTER you take title to the plane. THEN you have to wait AT LEAST 48 hours (business hours)for FAA to issue the Fly Wire and fax it to you. Of course, you also need the RadioTelephone license that I used to have SOMEWHERE.

I tried to make this work today but don’t want to fly to Duluth and then wait around for the better part of a week before I can exercise the train-in-Canada option.

Sigh

George Savage

N747SJ (someday!)

JD

Hey Greg! What facts do you have to dispute what I have said? In fact what FACTS can you share?With 30 years plus experience in all phases of manufacturing I speak with authority. There is no excuse for the B.S. you folks put up with.
Cirrus simply does not yet have it’s act together. Even after a 100+ million cash infusion these boys continue to struggle with the fundamentals of business operations. By the way I don’t drive a Cessna or sell them. I built my own plane. With it’s IO-360 I can blow the doors off any -20 or -22 built. Cost less than 100k and was built in less than 2 years by myself.

Oh, one last question… When is your delivery promised? Or is that fact a secret…

1. I also have many years manufacturing experience, enough to identify an armchair quarterback when I see him.

2. I have no interest in sharing any of the facts Cirrus has shared with me with a person that has no legitimate reason to be in this forum.

3. My delivery date is my business and has been updated on a regular basis by Cirrus and when asked. So, yes, I guess it is a secret to you. But I will get it after waiting less time than it took you to build yours, and it will not be experimental. If you only had $100,000 to spend, then you probably made the right decision.

Done,

Greg

Hey Greg! What facts do you have to dispute what I have said? In fact what FACTS can you share?With 30 years plus experience in all phases of manufacturing I speak with authority. There is no excuse for the B.S. you folks put up with.
Cirrus simply does not yet have it’s act together. Even after a 100+ million cash infusion these boys continue to struggle with the fundamentals of business operations. By the way I don’t drive a Cessna or sell them. I built my own plane. With it’s IO-360 I can blow the doors off any -20 or -22 built. Cost less than 100k and was built in less than 2 years by myself.

Oh, one last question… When is your delivery promised? Or is that fact a secret…

Greg,

I like someone with spirit! I actually looked forward to your replies. We could "spar" forever on this forum. Contrary to your comments I am "legit". You would be very surprised to know what my company manufactures. I'm not really the "enemy". In fact I am probably to close to the "action" and thus my disgust at what I see going on here. I'm sure you'll love your new ship. To your point I started this thread and I too am "DONE". Good luck with your -22.