Oxygen tanks in SRxx

Did I miss any posts on the use of Oxygen tanks in the SRxx planes. What is the FAA’s position and why is Cirrus and Lancair not producing aircraft with built in Oxigen?

Rik

Rik: There are a large number of posts regarding oxygen tanks. Go to “search” and make sure the box “archives” is checked searching on the word oxygen.

The POH mentions Mountain High portable oxygen systems. If you don’t presently own a portable oxygen, get the Mountain High system, since it is the only one mentioned in the POH. Certain of the posts are from people who own competing brands of portable systems. The POH also says that the tank straps must be fastened on the front of the passenger seat, not the back. This is discussed in a series of posts under the heading “oxygen vs. passengers?”

I am not aware of any requirement in the FAR’s that say that an aircraft capable of flying at oxygen levels is required to have a built in system.

Did I miss any posts on the use of Oxygen tanks in the SRxx planes. What is the FAA’s position and why is Cirrus and Lancair not producing aircraft with built in Oxigen?

Rik