Owner Satisfaction Survey

AOPA Epilot had a blurb on a survey about plane owner satisfaction. Socata came in 3rd, Lancair came in 6th, and Cirrus was a no show. I did the survey to express my opinion of Cirrus so you might want to do the same to offset my opinion.

Complete results are available for free to anyone who
completes the Initial Aircraft Quality Assessment Survey online.See
( http://www.pilotreports.com ).

A sincere question: Why didn’t you just sell the damned plane when Marty Kent made the offer?

I would sell something that I disliked as much as you dislike your Cirrus.

I did fill in their questions but remember and take in to account to the outcome that it is NOT a survey.

Its not representative in any statistical way.

This way the Buick Towncar could be chosen as European sportscar for the year 2003

It would be nice to have a real outcome, that shows for instance that Skyhawk 1979 owners are more satisfied with their plane than 1999 owners or 22 owners make less hours than 20 owners …?! (because they are faster)

Jaap

Art,

I can understand that you’re dissatisfied with your aircraft, and that unlike most of the other owners, its benefits don’t seem to outweigh the issues you’ve had with it.

What I have trouble understanding is why you seem to be so vengeful. Seems like many actions you take have no benefit to you, arguably work against your interests, and defy logic as to what you’re out for other than to “get back at someone.”

Excellent question, Jim!

A sincere question: Why didn’t you just sell the damned plane when Marty Kent made the offer?

I am more than willing to sell him my half of the plane (I have a partner who hasn’t flown the plane since we picked it up at Duluth but doesn’t want to sell).

Like Jim and Paul, I’d like to know why Art didn’t sell when Marty made his offer. Surely life is too short to spend it complaining about an airplane!

I too am disappointed Art didn’t sell, he promised he would stop posting if he sold his Cirrus. Maybe we could pay him enough to stop posting. Mike

It’s probably a fair bet that prospective buyers of a used Cirrus airplane would prefer to buy one that has far fewer problems.

• Mike.

I don’t recall seeing your post in our market place to offer to sell your half. Sounds like you don’t really want to solve the problem. Quit whining and do something about it, remember we are the authors of our lives…

Maybe, just maybe all of you would just recognize Art for someone who he is, a bulletin board junkie. If you all would just please ignore him, he will go away.

Mike,

Indeed, but remember that Marty was offering cash on the barrelhead.

Cheers,
Roger

Kind of hard to figure out what to make of that report. Mooney and Van RV were ranked one and two…the survey includes categories such as “support”. Mooney of course is bankrupt. I note also that the Diamond Katana DA20…the eighty horsepower, rotax model, made the top ten. Again, for a survey that includes items like “comfort” and roominess, as well as “performance”, it’s hard to see how the 33" wide Katana scores well there…albeit, it is a delightful plane to fly…just tiny and grossly under-powered.

Granted, it is an “owner-satisfaction” survey. But if a plane has all the things its owners like, that may not be too relevant to persons ith different preferences.

Seems like many actions you take have no benefit to you, arguably work against your interests

I would have taken Marty up on his offer if my partner had agreed. I am still willing to sell my half of the plane to anyone who understands the problems with the plane. With a partner the most I can lose is half the cost of the plane and compared to the performance of my stocks over the last 2 years that is a small amount. On the other hand if I were to sell the plane without making it clear to the purchaser its many shortcomings, I would be both morally and legally liable for keeping material facts from the buyer. So writing off the plane as a total loss is more in my interest than unloading it on an unsuspecting pilot.

Roll up your pants boys,…it’s gettin deep…

Still doesn’t explain the get back at 'em attitude. To try and say that your acrimoneous, disagreeable, take any opportunity to publicly run down Cirrus in any forum that will accept your posts or communication, is your way of taking the moral high ground is a crock.

In reply to:

So writing off the plane as a total loss is more in my interest than unloading it on an unsuspecting pilot.

Art,

Should you in fact feel moved to write the airplane off as a total loss, I’d be happy to relieve you of it. I will have it restored to proper functionality and then donate it to a charity, educational institution, etc., chosen from nominations by contributors to these forums.

Mike.

Way to go, Mike! That’s a wonderful offer, and I hope Art takes you up on it.

Dan, Great point. I think Art is really Jeff and vice versa.