Northern Route to M12 via KRAP

Fellow flyers: if you are coming through Rapid City or need a place to stay over, read on…

Being based here in Rapid City, here are a couple of suggestions::

Fuel: The local FBO is not that friendly (IMO). Fuel with them is more expensive. Travel a little farther North on the ramp and you can self serve easily with a 24 hr. CC machine. There is also FREE parking for overnight if you stay, located between the SS pumps and the FBO. Ask ground control for specifics. No tie downs there but it is concrete and you should be good.

Across from the SS pump is a lounge, computer weather, phone, restrooms, etc… Again, all FREE.

Lodging: I have arranged for a special COPA rate at the Alex Johnson Hotel downtown. Here is there link: http://www.alexjohnson.com/ **When calling them, ask for the COPA rate. You won’t be disappointed. These rates are good for the whole year, depending on hign/low season. **

Transportation/Shuttle: The hotel can have a shuttle come over and pick you up at the lounge area. The access code to get back in is 3404. If that doesn’t work, call 605-393-000 for assistance. Cars are available for rent at the terminal building. Just about 1 mile walk or call your favorite agency from the lounge and have them come over and pick you up.

I hope your travels are smooth and uneventful. See you at M12!

Fellow COPA Members,

Let me give [Y][Y][Y][Y] for what David says. The FBO is, um, less than warm and friendly, the ramp where transients can park near the SS is great and the Alex Johnson, and the entire downtown district of Rapid City, is terrific! You’ll have a great night’s rest and Wednesday and Thursday flying weather look pretty good for that route.

Be safe and have fun,