More on LightSpeed headsets

After trying out Walt’s LightSpeed 20’s, Tina and I ordered a set of 4 20XL’s from Gulf Coast Avionics ($420 each if you order this many–they come with mic muff, batteries, and a headset case for each).

I had been quite happy with our DC and Peltor passive headsets, but the new LightSpeeds are fantastic. Their passive noise attenuation is as good as the Peltors but when you switch on the ANR the low frequency rumble vanishes. Radio and intercom communications are MUCH clearer. We’re especially happy to have them for the kids since they have several decades more of hearing to protect! Our 2-year old signalled his approval with a surprised expression when I swtched on the ANR, and the comfort level is such that he’ll tolerate them for at least an hour.

All in all, we’re delighted with the product and recommend them highly. Kudos also to Gulf Coast Avionics for very courteous and prompt service on this order.

Kevin Moore #249

After trying out Walt’s LightSpeed 20’s, Tina and I ordered a set of 4 20XL’s from Gulf Coast Avionics ($420 each if you order this many–they come with mic muff, batteries, and a headset case for each).

I had been quite happy with our DC and Peltor passive headsets, but the new LightSpeeds are fantastic. Their passive noise attenuation is as good as the Peltors but when you switch on the ANR the low frequency rumble vanishes. Radio and intercom communications are MUCH clearer. We’re especially happy to have them for the kids since they have several decades more of hearing to protect! Our 2-year old signalled his approval with a surprised expression when I swtched on the ANR, and the comfort level is such that he’ll tolerate them for at least an hour.

All in all, we’re delighted with the product and recommend them highly. Kudos also to Gulf Coast Avionics for very courteous and prompt service on this order.

Kevin Moore #249

I understand that Lightspeed offers a 20XL customized for the SR20’s sound pattern.

1. does anyone have any experience with this headset?

2. is it customized for the 2 or 3 bladed prop