Midwest Fall fly-In PIREP

OK, the Fall Midwest Fly-in @ Sikeston (SIK) has come and gone. Fun and a lot of food was had by all.

This was probably the smallest COPA fly-in, (at least since the pre-COPA NJ shore fly in 2001). but we prefer “Close Knit” or “Friendly.” Five planes and 12 people showed up for lunch at Lambert’s. Bernard B. deserves a special compasison award for giving Andy Bresler after a lift to the event after a worn brake left him temporarily planeless.

Planes came from Chicago, Wisconsin, two from Missouri and Louisville, KY. The folks at Lambert’s showered us with their usual great service, bombarded us with “throwed rolls” and showed us the top secret prototype of the latest from Cirrus’s skunk works, the SR 62! (More on that later.)

Andy, thanks for your help in setting this up, and to all who attended, thanks for coming - it was very good to meet all of you.

Pics from the event are in the attachment:

P.S.: Mike - we wanted to take a roll home in a doggy bag to send to you, but we figured it just wouldn’t make it to LV warm. [:(]
1-112790-SikestonPhotos.doc (1.68 MB)

More photos attached.

If anyone who attended would like copies of the pictures in a higher resolution, please email me at: mk2day@insightbb.com
1-112791-SikestonPhotos2.doc (1.7 MB)

Martin and Andy,

Thank you both so much for setting up this memorable event. The food was great and very plentiful! I feel good about successfully catching both of my “throwed rolls”. My friend Clay remarked of what a great group of people that Cirrus pilots are. He said you all made him feel comfortable even though he’s not even a pilot.

Next event, God willing, IÂ’ll have my wife with me.

Thanks again.

First nomination for the “You make the caption contest”: Thank God it Wasn’t a Cirrus

To see the photo, look at the attachment from the previous post.

How about; “Better he hits that pole than one of the five Cirri located only a hundred yards away!”

In reply to:

Martin and Andy,
Thank you both so much for setting up this memorable event. The food was great and very plentiful! I feel good about successfully catching both of my “throwed rolls”. My friend Clay remarked of what a great group of people that Cirrus pilots are. He said you all made him feel comfortable even though he’s not even a pilot.
Next event, God willing, IÂ’ll have my wife with me.
Thanks again.

Casey: You are very welcome. It was a lot of fun and good to meet you and Clay (even if he wasn’t a pilot)[:)].

I’ve attached a pretty mediocre picture of you and your plane. Let me know if you want it! (Yea, it’s true! I’m no Ansell Radomsky.)