M14 Arrival and Departure procedures

Duluth, MN (home of this years annual Migration) is one of the easiest airports in the USA to fly into.

Minimal traffic, tower-controlled and far enough away from the Minneapolis Class B to make it a non-event.

IFR or VFR, completely your choice, no restrictions for either.

Northern Minnesota in the fall is a truly spectacular area (no snow yet!), fall colors starting, beautiful Lake Superior, average temperatures in the high 60’s or low 70’s.

Explore the Cirrus factory or the shops along the Canal Park waterfront. If you have a chance, take the wonderful scenic drive up Highway 61 along the North Shore (or fly over the area all the way to Grand Marais).

For those planning on flying into Duluth for M14 (September 8-11, 2016), here is a link with all the information you need.

See you there.

Andy

Didn’t see anything on chocks or tie downs. Available?

Hi Scott,

I spoke with Monaco (the FBO that owns the ramp).

They said NO tiedowns are available and they will NOT be providing chocks, so please bring your own.

Andy

This will be my second Migration but the first one to which I’ve flown. Have a little question—if there’s no tiedowns, and a massive Minnesota storm comes along (cue Gordon Lightfoot here)—do we get to set a new Guinness record for “Most Pilots Crying At A Single Airport”?

I call first dibs on having the local experts (Jim, Ross) fix mine.

Well then, since Monaco is doing my CAPS repack after M14, they can put it in their hangar !

Monaco did my repack as well. I’m sure Rick will take care of you.

Andy