Pre-Migration activities at M14!

We all know that Migration historically starts on Thursday evening with our COPA Cabana cocktail party. (This year, that’s September 8th on the back patio area of our host hotel, the Inn On Lake Superior.) BUT, rather than fly in on Thursday, you may want to consider arriving earlier:

• On Thursday starting at 10:00 a.m., Roger Whittier will give another of his Owner Maintenance classes. And, attendance is limited to 35 souls. So, I suggest signing up as soon as our website comes on-line.
  • Cirrus Aircraft is planning a Scott Anderson Charity Golf Event at the Northland Country Club just prior to Migration’s official kick-off on Thursday evening. Although I haven’t received final details, I believe there will be tee-times on both Wednesday and Thursday mornings. I’ll pass on details as soon as they are available from Cirrus.
    Of course, the IOLS has reserved a large block of rooms for us. And, our special COPA rate will be available for a couple of days on either side of Migration. So, there’s no reason you can’t fly in a little early and get more bang for your Migration buck. Besides, Duluth is actually a pretty cool place to be in the summer. And, our Migration schedule is so full that you won’t have time to explore much on your own during the event, itself…

See you at M14!

Craig

Can we book our hotel rooms yet?

I called IOLS two days ago. The very nice lady who answered the reservations line knew nothing of Migration, but she was happy to book us a room.

That would be what the travel industry calls “leakage”. COPA probably had to guarantee a certain number of rooms, so hopefully we will let them know you are with the big group.

Scott, the M14 website is supposed to go live this afternoon. I’ll make that announcement (and give the link) in a separate thread. [:D]

Craig

The M14 website is alive and anxiously awaiting your attention! [:D] NOW would be a very good time to register… [;)]

Craig

Scott, in general what you are saying is correct.

However, the Inn is totally booked for the days of Migration, and the only way to get in is by telling them you are coming for Migration.

So no leakage.

For COPA golfers, the Scott Anderson Foundation Tournament (Details to follow) will be held at the very scenic Northland Country Club in Duluth. It is a classic Donald Ross course and consistently gets high ratings in a variety of print and online publications. Here’s just one of the views players are afforded: (click on pic for larger image)

Be safe and have fun,

Folks, there are rooms at the Inn … but only for us! Our block reservation consumes nearly every hotel room at IOLS during Migration. (And, we have some rooms reserved for a couple of days on either end of our time block, too.) So, when you call, be sure to tell them it is for “Migration 14”. Otherwise, “no room at the inn”. [;)]

Craig

PS - Note that we also have alternate lodging reserved at the Comfort Suites Canal Park for when the IOLS fills up! (And, I expect it to fill up.) This is specified on the M14 website; Comfort Suites is located right across the street from the IOLS.

Just booked IOLS for $165/nt lake view.