Holding your approach plates

I am currently flying with a student who owns a cirrus and I was wondering if there are any ideas out there a yoke clip or some other setup to hold on to the approach plates…any help here would be very much appreciated!

I put mine in a clip board in my lap.

I am currently flying with a student who owns a cirrus and I was wondering if there are any ideas out there a yoke clip or some other setup to hold on to the approach plates…any help here would be very much appreciated!

I recently got my instrument rating in my SR20. I used a small clip board that strapped to my leg. For me the lap board worked fine; however, I would think that it would be easy to mount some sort of clip on all of that space right below the master switch and panel light switches.

Now might be the time to consider using the bound book in your lap. A large paper clip will keep it open to the correct page, and all of the plates are together and stay organized.

Solution exists. Go to the main SR20.org page, click on “Pix” and then click on the picture labeled “Interior.” You’ll see the infamous EBPC Jepp Plate Holder created by Ed Boland.

Gordon

I passed my instrument check ride yesterday. I use the approach plates that are available on the AOPA web site and print out the individual approaches that are needed. Not only are they alot easier to read but the single pages are a great on a clip board.

Stuatr

Now might be the time to consider using the bound book in your lap. A large paper clip will keep it open to the correct page, and all of the plates are together and stay organized.
The latest Sporty’s lists a very nice clear plastic device for holding standard NOS bound books open to the right approach plate. It straps to the leg with a wide Velcro strap.

• Mike.

Solution exists. Go to the main SR20.org page, click on “Pix” and then click on the picture labeled “Interior.” You’ll see the infamous EBPC Jepp Plate Holder created by Ed Boland.

Gordon

I have seen the picture several times, but how exactly is the “infamous EBPC Jepp Plate Holder” attached? Velcro? Thanks .

I have seen the picture several times, but how exactly is the “infamous EBPC Jepp Plate Holder” attached? Velcro? Thanks .

It’s apparently secured by the existing screw at the end of the switch panel.