Cockpit Setup for IFR

I’d be interested to hear from any current owners about their techniques for using NOS or Jepp charts without a yoke in front to hold the approach plate. I realize the Garmin 430’s help greatly, but I can’t get rid of the paper yet. This old dog may have to ask Cirrus to put a dummy yoke in my airplane so I’ll have a place to attach my approach plate holder!

I’d be interested to hear from any current owners about their techniques for using NOS or Jepp charts without a yoke in front to hold the approach plate.

I use a knee-board (the Jeppesen one). Works just fine - even better than with a yoke, which tends to foul the board.

I’d be interested to hear from any current owners about their techniques for using NOS or Jepp charts without a yoke in front to hold the approach plate. I realize the Garmin 430’s help greatly, but I can’t get rid of the paper yet. This old dog may have to ask Cirrus to put a dummy yoke in my airplane so I’ll have a place to attach my approach plate holder!

I can’t express what it will be like in the SR20/22, but I routinely use a GPS on the yoke mount relegating the approach plates to a kneeboard. Works fine. Having as capable an autopilot as the S-Tec 55 will make the job even easier to momentarily take my eyes of the scan

Marty [#119 and getting so close I can smell the avgas!]