Has a Supercharger on a Cirrus caused accidents before?

I’m fine with all the comments and have not been offended by any of it…

I made an offer on a Cirrus but the Vendor played games with me … I’m considering suing him as we had offer and acceptance - just had not filled out any paperwork.

Look out if you business with Mitch Furrmann! Aerista Aviation

Mitch Fuhrmann

Aircraft Sales & Acquisitions

Cirrus Platinum Sales Partner

865-888-6230

He did not give me any heads up there was anyone else interested in the plane. I made an offer and was told the owner accepted. Next thing I know he’s backing out of the deal and offering the plane to someone else.

Sad thing is it was probably my post here to COPA that drew the competition… DOH!

This was the plane I was trying to acquire.

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/26107271/2003-cirrus-sr22

This is the other plane I was trying to acquire:

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/29772591/2003-cirrus-sr22

See the following picture… You will not believe this BS!!!

Look out for Jamie Steel and Steel Aviation. They are game players too. Would not let me make an offer on the plane above until they had a chance to convince the owner to put paint and upholstery into the deal…

Telling all potential buyers paint and upholstery are junk…

Sent me the above pictures showing a pink interior of the airplane that I swear was Photoshoped… The plastic around the instrument panel was pink and yet is was supposed to be a centennial model. See pic attached… I have a genius level IQ and this just plain insults my intelligence.

Very frustrating! Not getting a warm fuzzy feeling trying to acquire a Cirrus. Maybe I should go back to searching for Cessna 210’s…

Hi Dave,

First, I truly am sorry we are unable to move forward with the purchase process at the moment. Given your higher offer, the Seller and I would actually earn more by accepting your offer. However, we (Aerista) conduct business with integrity and operate on a first come first serve basis. Last night, you declined to accept the offer by executing the purchase agreement because you wanted to discuss the purchase with your spouse. That is totally understandable, but it came with the risk that another buyer would secure the plane, which happened early this morning. To be fair, I am obligated to pursue the other party’s deal. If you were in the position of having accepted the offer first, we would extend the same professional courtesy to you.

That said, it may still work out in your favor; if the current transaction does not pan out for any reason, the aircraft will become available again for you to execute at $240,000 and I will ensure that you have the first right to secure it at that price with an executed purchase agreement.

I also want to make clear that an oral agreement for the sale of a $250,000 aircraft is invalid and is unenforceable in California. CA Commercial Code Sec. 1206 requires a signed written agreement for the sale of personal property over $5,000. And CA Commercial Code Sec. 2201 requires the same for the sale of goods over $500. Whether an aircraft is “personal property” or commercial “goods,” the sale is still over $5,000 and both require a signed written contract for the sale to be valid.

Again, I am greatly sorry for the recent events and I understand that you are frustrated, but we must first honor the executed deal prior to starting another. I will continue to keep you updated on the current transaction and am more than happy to help you where I can in the meantime.

Best Regards,

Mitch

Mitch Fuhrmann

Aircraft Sales & Acquisitions

Cirrus Platinum Sales Partner

865-888-6230

Oh man, been there a couple of times myself David. It’s tough to not be the offer that gets accepted, but as a 30+ year real estate broker I can tell you that you will find the perfect plane. Don’t worry, God made more. I think that the fact that you are bidding on popular planes means that you are not looking at junk, and that’s a good thing. The last couple of years have been fast and furious in the Cirrus world.

Keep looking. Keep offering. Join COPA.

It’s not Photoshoped. That’s the new interior for the SR22 - Mary Kay Special Edition.

Seems like their top sellers just aren’t satisfied with Cadillacs any more [H]

65 bucks is not the problem… It just does not make sense to me to join unless I actually purchase a Cirrus. At this point I’m very discouraged…

Hell my billing rate is $520 an hour.

Seriously??? Now I have seen everything … Guess I owe Ms. Steel and apology…

Could have sworn she was playing games…

So you have a genius IQ and you bill at $520 an hour. Sounds like you’d fit in perfect around here!

Although you did fall for Scott’s Mary Kay remark.

KK

Hmm… how comes that sounds so horrible when I hear it back???

I’m a tax attorney and a CPA with a master’s degree in taxation. I actually provide criminal tax defense for a living …

I have never had a client go to jail and a great deal of them belong there!!! :^)

I am not gods gift to pilots however… took 186 hours of flight training to get my instrument rating and private pilot.

Dave,

Just join. It’s $65. I occasionally rent Cirrus while I own a brand X.

This forum is one of the best for all things GA - and beyond.

You won’t be disappointed and you will quickly find the answers you seek and more.

See you on the other side.

Cheers,

Jeff

“At this point I’m very discouraged… “

David,

Don’t be. I have quite experience with the plane and would be happy to offer any help I can. Contact me off line at flycirrus at aol dot com.

So there is no Pink Dash to be found in a Cirrus and Ms. Steel was lying through her teeth to manipulate me?

Brilliant but gullible… and now confused.

More likely the white balance in the camera was not set correctly (for the ambient light).

Some cameras have light selection: sunlight, fluorescent, incandescent and custom. It is easy to get this wrong especially if there is a blend of different lights. Then you get weird colors…

I’m a member, and learned valuable advice from this thread in the guest column. Specifically, I was able to get a snapshot as to actual selling price versus asking price.

I also learned of potential marketing trickery. (I always wondered why some planes’ GNS430 screens look completely smudge free, while others - including the planes I rent - always have cloudy/smudgy appearance.

And I learned a bit about the importance of a written/executed contract when buying a plane. That part was particularly interesting since I track almost every plane on the market, and many of them seem to stay on the market for months - not days.

Maybe we don’t delete the guest forum. Maybe there is value in seeing questions - and statements - from folks who aren’t influenced by the potential backlash from other members.

She confirmed it was pink…

Scott was teasing about the Mary Kay Edition. The 100 Centennial Edition airplanes came with a brown plastic unique to that series. Some have aged well. I saw one member’s plane and it looked nearly new. That stated, quite a few Centennial editions have plastic that has faded to a pinkish hue. The picture you posted would represent the worst case I have seen but it is not too far from some I have seen with my own eyes. Chin up, there’s a plane out there with your name on it. We would all love to see you as a member. I think you might provide some entertaining discussions.

Pink plastic … yikes … Good to know I can place faith back in Ms. Steele…

I like the idea of a 'refurbished" airplane… zero time engine. New avionics… paint upholstery … whats not to like?

Maybe I’m not out of the running yet…

Yes… I have stories… one of my motto’s is - “if there is a way to screw it up… I’ll find it…” Probably not the type of guy that should have taken up GA but I was trying to become a more exacting person.

Is this statement from the broker accurate? If so, any lawyer would tell you that you had no enforceable agreement, verbal or otherwise. “I gotta talk to my wife” is a classic dodge in any transaction. It doesn’t matter whether you’re actually married or not, the meaning is clear.

If the broker’s statement is a total fabrication, and you actually did unhesitatingly sign the offer and did not hem and haw, the broker has a good lawyer and knows how to paper the file. If you’ve got proof of such skullduggery, hire Scott to file a complaint for you. Don’t let him get away with it.

My guess (and that’s all it is, like who’s going to win the Super Bowl), just because we’re dealing with a professional broker here, is that his statement quoted above is accurate, and that you didn’t move fast enough. Sellers don’t have to wait for Buyers to make up their minds, especially in this market. If so, you let this fish get away. It’s a learning process - move faster next time. Get yourself a Buyer’s broker to help you avoid the dilly-dally blues.

I’m an attorney - I put my offer in writing… blah blah blah… not worth arguing… not getting paid for it.

Correct me if I’m wrong (and Lord knows someone will [:D]) but in real estate, it doesn’t matter if I have three signed offers, it’s only a deal when an offer or counter offer is accepted/signed by both parties.

From the verbiage “Last night, you declined to accept the offer by executing the purchase agreement because you wanted to discuss the purchase with your spouse” it appears that you were sent a counter offer from the seller and you did not respond to it quickly enough? Why else would the sellers agent say that “you did not accept the offer”…the only offer that the seller can make to a buyer is a counter offer. If it was a counter offer, the seller has no obligation (again, in real estate) to move ahead with it until it is signed by the buyer and also that the seller (or his/her agent) has received and confirmed the signed counter offer. Until that time, the seller can do anything they want.