G1 + Glass?

Can the full glass panel from the Sr22 (or SR20, for that matter) G2 be retrofitted to the G1? If so, has anyone done it, what was the cost, time, problems etc?

Mike

I am not aware of any retrofits of the Avidyne system, in Cirrus or any other type. They are installed on brand new airframes at the manufacturer.

The glass panel did not begin with the G2. Cirrus began installing it in G1’s in 2003. The Centennial model in particular–a G1 airframe–had the Avidyne system. Thus there are glass panel G1’s in the field and available on the used market.

In reply to:

Can the full glass panel from the Sr22 (or SR20, for that matter) G2 be retrofitted to the G1? If so, has anyone done it, what was the cost, time, problems etc?
Mike

Don’t think so, but Garmin is offering this mod. Alsp see attached picture.
Cheers, Doug

In reply to:

I am not aware of any retrofits of the Avidyne system, in Cirrus or any other type. They are installed on brand new airframes at the manufacturer.
The glass panel did not begin with the G2. Cirrus began installing it in G1’s in 2003. The Centennial model in particular–a G1 airframe–had the Avidyne system. Thus there are glass panel G1’s in the field and available on the used market.

Kevin,

Just to clarify… I’m pretty sure there have been no retrofits from steam-gauge to PFD; but there have been retrofits from ARNAV MFD to Avidyne MFD; I believe there’s a SB and a kit for that.

As for glass G1s… mine is - what a beautiful machine!

• Mike.

Mike,

Im heading over to Vegas this afternoon until tomorrow night. Unfotunately taking southwest b/c my planes are booked. If ur around let me know

Looking at the picture, I wonder if the G600 needs a Garmin 480, or Garmin chose to switch out a 430 for a 480 for better test coverage.

In reply to:

Looking at the picture, I wonder if the G600 needs a Garmin 480, or Garmin chose to switch out a 430 for a 480 for better test coverage.

Marc,

I overheard one Garmin rep say that the G600 needs a WAAS compatible receiver. The 430W and 530W (whenever they are released) will satisfy this requirement, of course.