Export Ban Reconsidered

Having just read the Cirrus press release on Australia and learning for the first time that 21% of Cirrus orders are from 17 counties outside the United States I now realize that the problem is even more serious than I originally thought. NOW YOU KNOW WHY I AM CONCERNED. (You will notice that they do not tell us what countries are included in the 17! Probably one is even CHINA!) Maybe this subject should be brought up in the Presidential debates so that we know where Bush and Gore stand on the subject. Also, it would only be fair if comments on the forum from addresses outside the United States were limited to 21% of total comments in any one calendar month except for the month in which the Melbourne Cup occurs because Australians would have a difficult time restraining themselves at that time.

(Cirrus-I will refrain from reporting this export problem to the appropriate authorities if you immediately cancel all foreign orders and those west of the Mississippi prior to position #270. After that you can do what you wish.)
(This is all a joke guys!)
Actually, I hope to turn this situation to my advantage. I have already communicated with the dealer in Groningen, The Netherlands, by e-mail about flying a Cirrus there. He has said I can - with one of his instructors - but some day we can maybe change that policy. I also am going to write the club in Groningen that just received their Cirrus and see what can be done there. (I am partial to Groningen because my ancestors spent more than 200 years about 5 minutes by Cirrus from there.) I would love to fly a Cirrus in Europe, Australia and South Africa for example without having to fill up that rear seat tank, struggling into the survival suit and then flying for more than 10 hours with no rest stop. (I can’t stand it when my wife keeps asking - "When are we going to get there?) If these flying opportunities can be worked out I will tell Cirrus to delete the Rear Seat Tank option from my order. - Jim DeVries

Having just read the Cirrus press release on Australia and learning for the first time that 21% of Cirrus orders are from 17 counties outside the United States I now realize that the problem is even more serious than I originally thought. NOW YOU KNOW WHY I AM CONCERNED. (You will notice that they do not tell us what countries are included in the 17! Probably one is even CHINA!) Maybe this subject should be brought up in the Presidential debates so that we know where Bush and Gore stand on the subject. Also, it would only be fair if comments on the forum from addresses outside the United States were limited to 21% of total comments in any one calendar month except for the month in which the Melbourne Cup occurs because Australians would have a difficult time restraining themselves at that time.

(Cirrus-I will refrain from reporting this export problem to the appropriate authorities if you immediately cancel all foreign orders and those west of the Mississippi prior to position #270. After that you can do what you wish.)
Actually, I hope to turn this situation to my advantage. I have already communicated with the dealer in Groningen, The Netherlands, by e-mail about flying a Cirrus there. He has said I can - with one of his instructors - but some day we can maybe change that policy. I also am going to write the club in Groningen that just received their Cirrus and see what can be done there. (I am partial to Groningen because my ancestors spent more than 200 years about 5 minutes by Cirrus from there.) I would love to fly a Cirrus in Europe, Australia and South Africa for example without having to fill up that rear seat tank, struggling into the survival suit and then flying for more than 10 hours with no rest stop. (I can’t stand it when my wife keeps asking - "When are we going to get there?) If these flying opportunities can be worked out I will tell Cirrus to delete the Rear Seat Tank option from my order. - Jim DeVries

I wonder if I might get quicker delivery if I order through the Dutch sales office?

Having just read the Cirrus press release on Australia and learning for the first time that 21% of Cirrus orders are from 17 counties outside the United States I now realize that the problem is even more serious than I originally thought. NOW YOU KNOW WHY I AM CONCERNED. (You will notice that they do not tell us what countries are included in the 17! Probably one is even CHINA!)

Yup–they ordered three with hard points on the wings.

Maybe this subject should be brought up in the Presidential debates so that we know where Bush and Gore stand on the subject.

It’s the only possible way to make the debates with our pet shop of presidential candidates interesting enough to watch. Otherwise those two could put 10,000 people to sleep if they were fleeing a napalm attack.

Also, it would only be fair if comments on the forum from addresses outside the United States were limited to 21% of total comments in any one calendar month except for the month in which the Melbourne Cup occurs because Australians would have a difficult time restraining themselves at that time.

Actually, I hope to turn this situation to my advantage. I have already communicated with the dealer in Groningen, The Netherlands, by e-mail about flying a Cirrus there. He has said I can - with one of his instructors - but some day we can maybe change that policy. I also am going to write the club in Groningen that just received their Cirrus and see what can be done there. (I am partial to Groningen because my ancestors spent more than 200 years about 5 minutes by Cirrus from there.)

Hell, ANYPLACE in Europe is about 5 minutes by Cirrus from Groningen. Our parking lots are bigger than most of those countries. Take your Holland, Denmark, Switzerland, and Belgium, stitch them all together, and you STILL wouldn’t have room to build a Walmart.

I would love to fly a Cirrus in Europe, Australia and South Africa for example without having to fill up that rear seat tank, struggling into the survival suit and then flying for more than 10 hours with no rest stop. (I can’t stand it when my wife keeps asking - "When are we going to get there?) If these flying opportunities can be worked out I will tell Cirrus to delete the Rear Seat Tank option from my order.

If you delete the rear seat tank and replace it with a bed, I’m sure you can get President Clinton to support an export ban.

I think you may have hit on something! They obviously have a separate position list for each country. They ship to # 1 in the U.S, then # 1 in Holland, then the U.K. etc. Then they go around on # 2. The secret is to sign up in each country and then take the one that comes up first. Good idea!

I wonder if I might get quicker delivery if I order through the Dutch sales office?

I think you may have hit on something! They obviously have a separate position list for each country. They ship to # 1 in the U.S, then # 1 in Holland, then the U.K. etc. Then they go around on # 2. The secret is to sign up in each country and then take the one that comes up first. Good idea!

Here is a great idea.

Impose a special tax on the export of Cirri in the amount of 100,000 per aircraft. Since about 1 out of every 5 seem to be exported divide that 100,000 by the 4 planes remaining in the US and reduce the price to americans by 25,000 each.

Then if they dont like it they can give up their positions to us. Cirrus shouldn’t have a problem with this because they are selling (more) than they can build anyway!

Probably one is even CHINA!)

It’s no joke! A little dicky bird told me that Cirrus are talking to China about a large order, I seem to recall that the number 50 was mentioned.

***If you delete the rear seat tank and replace it with a bed,

Wouldn’t a humidor be of more interest to Bill?

Having just read the Cirrus press release on Australia and learning for the first time that 21% of Cirrus orders are from 17 counties outside the United States I now realize that the problem is even more serious than I originally thought. NOW YOU KNOW WHY I AM CONCERNED. (You will notice that they do not tell us what countries are included in the 17! Probably one is even CHINA!)

No, no. That was the BATF. They painted them flat black and now have to keep them in an air-conditioned hangar in Area 69. Their quick-response teams transport them by C-5 to any trouble spots in Idaho for use as forward artillery control aircraft.

Having just

No, no. That was the BATF. They painted them flat black and now have to keep them in an air-conditioned hangar in Area 69. Their quick-response teams transport them by C-5 to any trouble spots in Idaho for use as forward artillery control aircraft.

Can’t paint 'em black! Stealth gray perhaps?