ECCFI 2, despite wx

ECCFI 2 was a reasonable success, considering the lousy weather. Two Cirri (not counting one hiding in a hangar), and at least three other airplanes showed up; 11 people in all.

Perhaps 20 “civilians” turned up to look over the Cirri and ask questions – this after a local newpaper, The Post-Star, published an article “Parachute plane comes to airport”. Thanks to David Bulman for arranging this press coverage.

I’m know that many who wanted to attend were kept away by the weather - we had lowish ceilings and rain on and off during the day. (See Larry’s post below). I hereby quit as PRW (Pilot Responsible for Weather); I tried my best, but still failed. Larry Nilsen’s in charge of weather for the ECCFI 3, Nantucket Island on July 14th. (Hey Larry, how hard can it be to arrange good weather in the middle of July?)

ECCFI 2 was a reasonable success, considering the lousy weather. Two Cirri (not counting one hiding in a hangar), and at least three other airplanes showed up; 11 people in all.

Perhaps 20 “civilians” turned up to look over the Cirri and ask questions – this after a local newpaper, The Post-Star, published an article “Parachute plane comes to airport”. Thanks to David Bulman for arranging this press coverage.

I’m know that many who wanted to attend were kept away by the weather - we had lowish ceilings and rain on and off during the day. (See Larry’s post below). I hereby quit as PRW (Pilot Responsible for Weather); I tried my best, but still failed. Larry Nilsen’s in charge of weather for the ECCFI 3, Nantucket Island on July 14th. (Hey Larry, how hard can it be to arrange good weather in the middle of July?)

I humbly accept this responsibility. I will have to call in some markers but I should be able to arrange for a nice high pressure system over the entire north east coast that weekend. I also know of this bridge in Brooklyn…

Larry, N171CD