ECCFI 3 - YEAH!

WHAT A GREAT FLY-IN!

The third time was the charm for the right-coasters - Larry Nilsen’s magic at work. When Jeff and I were in charge of the weather (first 2 ECCFIs), we failed miserably. Larry showed us all how it should be done. Temps in the low-to-high mids, humidity absent, light breezes, only a few fluffy & friendly cumulus clouds.

Nantucket airport was busy! At times, it was tough to get a word in edgewise on Ground or Tower freq’s; there were as many bizjets and as much expensive aviation metal on the ramp as I’ve ever seen at any airport outside of an airshow. Thanks to the lady in the tower who found a way to fit Jeff’s Tobago into the pattern TWICE for low passes over the runway so that I could take aerial pics of the Cirri parked on the grass.

THE TURNOUT WAS GREAT - 8 Cirri (5 -20s and 3 -22s) and at least 24 people. Great lunch at A.K. Diamonds. Ice cream in downtown Nantucket. Good company all 'round.

This fly-in will be a tough act to follow, but it will be fun trying! ECCFI 4 will be held on Saturday, September 1 at Elmira, NY (ELM); rain date Sunday 2nd. Jeff has lined up a bunch of fun activities - this will be a real family day. Watch the Forum for more info.

Will try to publish more pics, maybe even submit one or two to Clyde for inclusion in the PIX for this site; meanwhile, here’s a taste.

• Mike.

!(http://n84mr.homeip.net:84/n84mr/pictures/References/s cirrus lineup 1.jpg)

WHAT A GREAT FLY-IN!

What a great pic!

WHAT A GREAT FLY-IN!

Could not view the pic either with PC or Mac. could you email it?

Thanks

Paul

WHAT A GREAT FLY-IN!

Hear! Hear! Some of the best VFR flying weather to be had.

We timed our return to CDW just right. Departing ACK at 7pm and going back along the south shore of Long Island to do the “Hudson corridor” just as twilight’s last gleaming put some light in the sky and fireworks were being let off just south of the Verrazano bridge.

Our first-time-in-a-small-plane friend (in a C172 but she loved the look of the Cirrii she saw on the ramp) has been RAVING about her trip ever since!

Can’t seem to open your JPG pic of the Cirrii, though. Has it got corrupted in the upload?

Cheers
Rob (#731)

Mike,
The problem with the picture is the spaces in the filename. Internet Explorer adapts your link to

http://n84mr.homeip.net:84/n84mr/pictures/References/s%20cirrus%20lineup%201.jpg

which works. Netscape doesn’t. (:-The adapted link above works for either.

GK

WHAT A GREAT FLY-IN!

The third time was the charm for the right-coasters - Larry Nilsen’s magic at work. When Jeff and I were in charge of the weather (first 2 ECCFIs), we failed miserably. Larry showed us all how it should be done. Temps in the low-to-high mids, humidity absent, light breezes, only a few fluffy & friendly cumulus clouds.

Nantucket airport was busy! At times, it was tough to get a word in edgewise on Ground or Tower freq’s; there were as many bizjets and as much expensive aviation metal on the ramp as I’ve ever seen at any airport outside of an airshow. Thanks to the lady in the tower who found a way to fit Jeff’s Tobago into the pattern TWICE for low passes over the runway so that I could take aerial pics of the Cirri parked on the grass.

THE TURNOUT WAS GREAT - 8 Cirri (5 -20s and 3 -22s) and at least 24 people. Great lunch at A.K. Diamonds. Ice cream in downtown Nantucket. Good company all 'round.

This fly-in will be a tough act to follow, but it will be fun trying! ECCFI 4 will be held on Saturday, September 1 at Elmira, NY (ELM); rain date Sunday 2nd. Jeff has lined up a bunch of fun activities - this will be a real family day. Watch the Forum for more info.

Will try to publish more pics, maybe even submit one or two to Clyde for inclusion in the PIX for this site; meanwhile, here’s a taste.

• Mike.

!(http://n84mr.homeip.net:84/n84mr/pictures/References/s cirrus lineup 1.jpg)

WHAT A GREAT FLY-IN!

What a great pic!

Hi Jim,

We all had a great time, wx was perfect, excellent seafood lunch at a great restaurant on their outdoor patio, lots of Cirri and a great group of people.

Looking forward to having you join us East Coasters in the fall.

Jeff

SR22 N916LJ

Can’t seem to open your JPG pic of the Cirrii, though. Has it got corrupted in the upload?

Cheers>Rob (#731)

Rob,

That pic is served from a weird address; without going into tech details, if you’re behind any sort of firewall, depending on the color of your socks, etc., you may not see it. I’ll be submitting it to Clyde for inclusion in the PIX as soon as I have the airplanes identified. Hang in there…

Mike.

Mike,

I also have the problem of viewing pics here at work. No problem at home though. Can I suggest that you post them on Yahoo. You can get up to 25 meg of space for free and you can control who sees the pics if you want to.

Go to http://www.yahoo.com and click on photos.

Larry, N171CD

Cheers>Rob (#731)

Rob,

That pic is served from a weird address; without going into tech details, if you’re behind any sort of firewall, depending on the color of your socks, etc., you may not see it. I’ll be submitting it to Clyde for inclusion in the PIX as soon as I have the airplanes identified. Hang in there…

Mike.

Mike,

I also have the problem of viewing pics here at work…

Larry,

I think I finally understand how you control the weather so well. It’s before 7 a.m., and you’re already at work!

:slight_smile:

Mike.