E16 European Migration to Rome now official !!!

We’ll be online with Regonline within the next 3-4 days, definitely in December !

Stay tuned!

EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION IS OPEN !! [Y]

The registration page is online now ! We have an introductory early bird cheaper rate which runs until January 31, so speed up !!

You need to register in 2 different places, for the event, and for the hotel. See below.

For the Event:

Type https://www.regonline.com/2018cirrusmigrationeurope into your browser, or click below string:

https://www.regonline.com/registration/login.aspx?eventID=2140745&MethodId=0&EventsessionId=

For the hotel: click on the below string or copy it into your browser

http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Cirrus%20Owners%20and%20Pilots%20Association%5Eromau%60mcrmcra%60120.00%60EUR%60false%602%605/28/18%606/6/18%605/7/18&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes

See you in Rome in May !!!

Timm + Gerda

Does anybody need a co-pilot from London? I own a 2009 SR22TN in Los Angeles, and want to fly with somebody from London on the 30th or 31st.

I also speak decent Italian and used to live in Rome…
Patrick Currie: +1 213 335 4205 or +44 7801 628 725

Hi Timm!

I will be traveling thru Italia with my family and will be in Roma during the Migration. Do you have an itinerary for the full day of excursions to historic landmarks on friday June 1st? I would like to meet up with you during that day if possible, simply to meet you all.

Ciao!

I just registered for my wife and myself. One thing I wasn’t sure about…I selected to do the full day Rome tour for both of us and it only gave me one charge of 95 Euro. I am not sure if that is because spouses are free, or if that is an error. We both want to do the tour so please advise. I can always pay when there if needed.

We are going to try to go to Venice as well - but since we are coming commercial (can fly into Venice or Rome) we would have to either take a train or get a ride to be in Rome on time, so will play it by ear.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again - the European group was fantastic last year and we are both excited to attend again

Tony and Sharon Goldish

I have a similar problem. If you find a solution please let me know.

Train ride Venice - Rome is 3:30, trains leave every sixty minutes. Use the ‘Frecce’ trains, website is www.trenitalia.com. (At least that’s what the mother of my kids does when she has to visit one of the northern Italian cities. She lives in Milano)

Tony,

that would be an error - both your wife and you will need to pay 95 Euros. I just looked up your registration and it says that you (Tony) booked Venice and the Rome tour while your wife (Sharon) did not. You can easily re-open Sharon’s registration and add that, should be possible. Or you promise to pay on site in cash when we meet in Rome. But system-wise, it would be better if you try to add the booking.

Best regards, Timm

Hi Tim,

I am posting this just in case anyone else has this issue…I went back to my registration and it showed 2 people for both events…I hit complete and it charged me the 120 euro that it did not the first time and now shows 2 people for both events on the final screen…I didn’t change any of my requests or anything…for some reason the first time it didn’t work.

Bottom line, I paid the additional online and it should all be correct now, please advise me if it is not. For others who may register with a companion, pay attention to how many people it shows you for each event in the final screen. Could just be me, or could be a bug.

thanks Tim! Looking forward to the trip!

We are happy to see that so many attendees are booked already for Venice and Rome. As of now, we already have 60 registrants for Rome, that’s a lot so early in the year. Looking for 100, of course. While the hotel booking for Rome is easy - just follow the links on our website - for Venice it’s a little different.

For the hotel booking in Venice, please note that there are a lot of smaller hotels but no big one so that we have to split the group in any case. We therefore decided that each attendee will book their own hotel under the condition that it is not farther away from Rialto Bridge than 10 minutes walking distance. Please book for the night May 30/31 for the regular stay - if you want to arrive in Venice earlier, of course your booking details may differ. The group will be in Venice May 30/31, though.

As an example, Gerda and Timm are booked into the Foscari Palace Hotel (don’t get too excited, any small cabin in Venice is called Palazzo), **Cannaregio 4200/1/2 (Campo Santa Sofia), Venice. **I you book in a similar area, we can easily regroup. See below map. While COPA has 2 un-assigned extra rooms booked in Venice for late-comers or in case of booking problems, we rather prefer you booking yourself.

The easiest way to find a hotel in Venice is via booking.com, HRS, or any other hotel booking website. For a 4-star hotel, a night might exceed Euro 200.00 for a double room, but you can go for bargains as well.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-28 um 18.38.46.png

We’ll arrange for transport from the Lido airport to Venice on May 30, and back on May 31. Stay tuned!

All the best,

Timm + Gerda

Timm:

Great news, its going to be a BIG party. Venice is a terrific stop on the way, I’m doing a little bit of Tuscany, so many great choices. While in Rome so much to enjoy. One of my favorites is to go to the Piazza Navona, get a table on the street and watch one of the great free shows on earth. A cool bottle of Frascati, maybe a little something to munch on or lunch and watch the world go by. Beautiful Bernini fountains, interesting and beautiful people, performers, painters, vendors all enjoying the warm Italian ambiance. The COPA life is good, join me for something cool on the Piazza. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piazza_Navona

Here’s some images from our visit to Rome on the way to Dubrovnik Migration http://www.gilwilliamson.com/?s=Piazza+Navona

Gil

Gil,

Sounds like fun. Lisa and I are considering whether to get to Rome on Tuesday or Wednesday. A day early gives an extra day and evening to “shake off” the travel, leaving us Wednesday for some light excursions, then maybe hitching a ride out to the airport to help greet arrivals. Timm, who is your COPA-Roma POC this year, perhaps we can volunteer?

We’re wondering what other North America-based COPA attendees are planning for E-16 arrival?

Best,

Andy:

As long as your flying across the pond, just as well take a few extra days and enjoy wonderful Italy. Can’t go wrong with the eternal city, so many things to enjoy. We are driving from Tuscany on Thursday, perhaps a little lunch at my favorite piazza if your available. If others are there we can make it a party before the party.

Gil

I am currently planning arrival for weds. I have not decided about going to Venice, but it is likely. I have not booked anything yet but the hotel in Rome. It looks like a great time.

Rog:

Great, when I tie down my arrival I will let you know and perhaps we can do lunch.

Gil

Ok Gil, will do.

Gil,

We’d do that, but Lisa’s still gainfully employed and they are sadly short-staffed in her group. We have added some cushion days, though, on either end back here, just to not be so rushed coming and going. That’s why an added “relax, do nothing” day in Rome is being considered. We aren’t even considering leaving for the USA until the Monday after everyone departs.

Nice to have these options, isn’t it?

Very best,

I am in Rome as I type this. We are in the Residenza Paolo VI. It is across the street to the St. Peters. Very nice small hotel 35 rooms. Great place. Taking Italo trains to Venice was easy. 3:45 up and the train stops steps from the Grand Canal. Make sure you book the fast train, you can tell by the time table of departure and arrival. All you need is the confirmation email, It took about two hours for it to come through. Buy a multi day pass for the boats it you want. We stayed at house across from Venice so we needed the boats to get around. Only real thing about the train is they don’t post what platform until about 15 minutes before it leaves Terminii Station. If you arrive 30 minutes that is more than enough time. Security is nothing, they just look at you as you walk by. I get home late on St Patricks day. Call me it I can help
501 area code, then dial 944-2824

Is it possible to be a “Part” of the gathering? We will be in Rome on the 1st of June, and would like to attend Saturdays program. We are in Rome June 1st and head out on the 4th to Tuscany. Any events we should try to participate in?

Thank you,

Tino & Shelly

N848SR