Disappearing Post on Insurance

A week or so ago someone posted their experience with USAIG insuring an SR22. For some reason, that posting seems to have gone away.

Whoever it was, would you please email me. I’d like to ask you a couple of questions.

Thanks,

Chuck Sarsfield

$3500 for $300k hull and $1m smooth plus

$2000 for another $2m liability

SR22 #30 (contract #34)

Pilot: commercial/multi/instrument, 540 hours

I suspect the commercial and multi didn’t help, the main things are the hours and the instrument rating. But I’m not sure.

I recommend working through http://www.aopa.org/info/certified/ia-own.htmlPhyliss King at AOPA.

I’m picking up the a/c May 25th.

A week or so ago someone posted their experience with USAIG insuring an SR22. For some reason, that posting seems to have gone away.

Whoever it was, would you please email me. I’d like to ask you a couple of questions.

Thanks,

Chuck Sarsfield

SR22 #30 (contract #34)

My partner and insured our SR20 through AOPA Agency and they placed it with USAIG. We were told that smooth (no sublimits) was unavailable to us. My partner and I have all the ratings and 1,000 and 3,000 hours respectivley, so I don’t think qualification is an issue. Which insurance company is underwriting your policy? We would prefer smooth coverage ourselves. Thanks

$3500 for $300k hull and $1m smooth plus>$2000 for another $2m liability

SR22 #30 (contract #34)

I suspect the commercial and multi didn’t help, the main things are the hours and the instrument rating. But I’m not sure.

I recommend working through [Phyliss King at AOPA](404 Error - AOPA

own.html).

I’m picking up the a/c May 25th.

Thanks,

Chuck Sarsfield

For comparison, I was offered the same coverage by usaig for $700.00 more. I have 370 hrs with Private/Instrument. Planned pick-up of SR22 - N6CD contract #42(SR20-#198) serial #0037 on/about 5 June.

Bob

Last week insured my DAKOTA with USAIG through Susan at SkySmith. With only 200 hours I rceived 1M smooth and will also pick up excess liability to either 2M or 3M. USAIG indicated they would probably insure me when I receive my SR22, late in the year, if I increase my hours to 500+. Would anyone like to work for me while I build hours?

I should add that the $3500 for the hull and first $1m liability is through US AIG. The additional liability is through another firm, but I don’t recall which (though I got both through AOPA).

I believe that US AIG didn’t insure the SR22 until recently.

FWIW, US AIG wouldn’t insure my wife for any price in the SR22. She has about 150 hours and is private/SEL and no instrument rating. But they would insure her while she took the flight training in DLH (useful so that if something happened to me, the PIC, and to be a better co pilot, and maybe next year she’ll have more hours and will qualify).

SR22 #30 (contract #34)