Diamond DA62 vs Cirrus SR22T

Yes, Avgas is available in Europe but price is approx 3 euro per 1 liter :slight_smile:

Anyway i would not change SR22T for DA62.
Br

Price of AVGAS depends on the country:

For example:
Germany: around € 2,20-2,40
Czech: 2,00

Only in Greece or Italy it can be € 3,00.

What’s Jet generally run?

You need to specify per liter and then convert to gallons:

Germany: $9.90 / gal
Greece or Italy: $12.92 / gal

The last number I heard was € 2,09 per liter for Jet A1 in my area, $ 8,95 per gallon.

I don’t know the local airports in Germany but jet a at EDDM today is 1.24/l with cards, looks kind of close to you on the map. With JetA it is rare to pay retail. For instance at John wayne a busy airport with top notch big name FBO’s in orange county, CA, fuel cards will get you $2 a gallon off retail. Sometimes it is half price in places.

1 Like

That is the TAX FREE price for commercial aviation only. As a private pilot you will may the prices I mentioned.

We don’t have the “fuel cards” you have. To be able to buy the tax free gas you have to prove (AOC) you’re flying commercially.

Actually fuel cards are prohibited in commercial operations, they are solely for non-commercial use. Commercial operators work their own deals with FBO’s. If your business qualifies, you fill out a tax-exempt form that is good for 1 year and needs to be renewed. I am looking at my fuel price specific for EDDM. Nice app that ?Jason Talley wrote years ago that brings the fuel cards into one location, now purchased by Foreflight.

1 Like

You will only get that low price at EDDM if you fly commercially and have an AOC ( air operator’s certificate).

I don’t understand how that works. The airport accepts that particular card and that is the price from the card company advertised? The card company should not advertise that price specific for the airport if the FBO does not accept the card. Call me confused.

I guess in otherwords, when I give the card to the FBO to pay for fuel, my relationship is just between me and the card (contract fuel) company. The FBO has a relationship with the contract fuel company, so they either accept it or they don’t. Per the contract fuel website, they accept the card.

Anyway here is the website for one of my cards (World Fuel), that say they purchased 29 billion liters of jet fuel in Germany ? last year. They are advertising an FBO rate at EDDM, but you have to be a member to get the pricing, and members are not supposed to release prices. I typically don’t use World Fuel, because I have several cards that beat their prices in the US at most airports, but I think World has a bigger presence over-seas.’

https://www.wfscorp.com/en/industries/aviation/germany/airports-fbos-germany

I know nothing about that card and how that works, sorry! But maybe it gives you access to the commercial rate for Jet-A1, i have no idea.

I checked, the normal price for Jet Fuel at EDDM is € 2,21 per liter.

I just got a quote on the MyWorld app for EDDM. With all taxes (which are half the cost), JET is over $7 a gallon. Thats’s not including a hook up fee of more than $75 per operation.

The only price I could find out for non.commercial operations (without AOC) is $ 9,49 per gallon including taxes at EDDM/Munich Int’l.

Fuel cards (contract fuel) is a complex thing that I don’t full understand, but my understanding is that these companies buy large amounts of fuel and through arrangements with the main fuel suppliers and FBO’s come up with fuel prices for their customers. So I rarely buy fuel from the FBO, I use one card or another, I pay the contract fuel company once or twice a month, and the contract fuel company pays or reimburses the FBO somehow. I am not in that loop, so not sure. I would say that I pay retail on maybe 5-10% of my fuel yearly.

1 Like

Cool!

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks

Good point!

True!