Club Membership

Hi guys,

While sitting on the other side of this planet, in Taipei on a boring business trip, I’m reading some of the remarks posted on the forum, and came to the sad conclusion, that someone(s) is/are deliberately trying to smear the Cirrus company, it’s planes and it’s reputation. Being in the electronic security industry, I know that there are ways to ferret out the anonymus, or phony named writers with downright false or misrepresented information trying to get our attention, spread rumors and lies, but what would we accomplish with knowing his identity. Send him out to do 20 push-ups?

I would like to second the “motion” put forth by someone not long ago, that Clyde set up this site with a registration process, and the users will have verifyable e-mails and phone numbers. This forum should not be exclusive to Cirrus owners or future owners, but every legitimate person who once can and are willing to prove their identity.

Wishing all of you a safe and fun flight next time you take to the blue yonder,

Michael

I’m not going to make a comment one way or another about “registering” members, other than to point out some of the technical difficulty. It’s trivial these days to create a fake e-mail account, so if I am some zealous troublemaker, I’ll just do that.

What I’m much more concerned about is our reaction to these “bait” messages. Every time someone who hasn’t previously spoken up asks a leading question, we tend to regard them with suspicion. Some of the replies get rude. While I don’t mind being rude to some obnoxious jerk, there are a lot of casual readers of this forum who aren’t aware of the history of this disinformation campaign. If I were one of them, I would have to wonder about the objectivity of “those damn Cirrus fanatics.”

Consider this a call for restraint. If you think a message is “baiting,” just answer the question or rebut the comment as appropriate. Let the facts speak for themselves, but be polite.

I hope both CD and LancAir thrive, it’s good for general aviation and it’s good for us as CD customers for CD to have strong competition. It keeps everyone on their toes.

Intel vs. AMD, Cisco vs. Juniper, AT&T vs. MCI, Microsoft vs. Borland. Competition is good.

Paul,

Nicely stated. The paranoia becomes more of a story than the “story”!

Agree 100%.

I’m not going to make a comment one way or another about “registering” members, other than to point out some of the technical difficulty. It’s trivial these days to create a fake e-mail account, so if I am some zealous troublemaker, I’ll just do that.

What I’m much more concerned about is our reaction to these “bait” messages. Every time someone who hasn’t previously spoken up asks a leading question, we tend to regard them with suspicion. Some of the replies get rude. While I don’t mind being rude to some obnoxious jerk, there are a lot of casual readers of this forum who aren’t aware of the history of this disinformation campaign. If I were one of them, I would have to wonder about the objectivity of “those damn Cirrus fanatics.”

Consider this a call for restraint. If you think a message is “baiting,” just answer the question or rebut the comment as appropriate. Let the facts speak for themselves, but be polite.

I hope both CD and LancAir thrive, it’s good for general aviation and it’s good for us as CD customers for CD to have strong competition. It keeps everyone on their toes.

Intel vs. AMD, Cisco vs. Juniper, AT&T vs. MCI, Microsoft vs. Borland. Competition is good.