This Forum

I really enjoy this forum a lot . . . that is until some idiot barges in and pollutes the message base.

Could the good person who is kind enough to run this forum implement some kind of one week registration delay before allowing posts from an individual?

Also, maybe we need to switch to a standardized “FirstName LastName AirplaneModel N# or ContractNumber”?

I hate to ask the forum leader to do more work, but recently there has been a number of idiots showing up who don’t want to contribute, only stir up fuss.

Comments?

• Steven

I suggest we ignore the goofballs (or goofball?) who post those goofy messages. If they didn’t get a rise out of us they would go back to making obscene phone calls etc. - Jim DeVries

I really enjoy this forum a lot . . . that is until some idiot barges in and pollutes the message base.

Could the good person who is kind enough to run this forum implement some kind of one week registration delay before allowing posts from an individual?

Also, maybe we need to switch to a standardized “FirstName LastName AirplaneModel N# or ContractNumber”?

I hate to ask the forum leader to do more work, but recently there has been a number of idiots showing up who don’t want to contribute, only stir up fuss.

Comments?

• Steven

I’ve considered this before, but unless and until it becomes absolutely necessary, I prefer to leave things as they are. I have on two occasions deleted postings, once because it was blatant and repeated spam, and the other because it was personally abusive towards another poster.

Posts like the “too much money” thread are best dealt with, as Jim suggests, by simply ignoring them. Reacting defensively only serves the purpose of those who, for their own reasons, want to stir. Posts like “too much money” are known in Internet jargon as “trolls” - their sole purpose is to get people to react. This is not a court, and you don’t have to defend yourself.

Clyde: As you wish. The volunteer’s rule: “He who does the work, sets the policy”.

If only everyone HAD ignored the idiot!

Thanks for all your good work. You don’t know have much I’ve learned from this forum. I wouldn’t have purchased SR-22 contract #204 if it wasn’t for you!!! I felt so much more comfortable ordering the plane after reading the comments here.

Thank You!

• Steven

I’ve considered this before, but unless and until it becomes absolutely necessary, I prefer to leave things as they are. I have on two occasions deleted postings, once because it was blatant and repeated spam, and the other because it was personally abusive towards another poster.

Posts like the “too much money” thread are best dealt with, as Jim suggests, by simply ignoring them. Reacting defensively only serves the purpose of those who, for their own reasons, want to stir. Posts like “too much money” are known in Internet jargon as “trolls” - their sole purpose is to get people to react. This is not a court, and you don’t have to defend yourself.

I would agree with Clyde. An open forum allows open discussion, you’ll always get the odd ones out … it’s better to take action only if necessary. After all, the majority of people do post a lot of valuable info and we don’t want to see that go because of registration etc.

IMHO,

Chris

Clyde,

Don’t change a thing. The forum is an incredible source of information and I log in all the time.

I would also like to insulate myself from idiots, but they keep popping up when you least expect it.

Keep up the great work!

Greg

Clyde,

Don’t change a thing. You’re doing a great job. I enjoy the occasional troll. It livens up the forum. We should always consider the source before we take any post too seriously.

-Mike

Clyde:

I gotta second that. I had a demo flight lined up in a Lancair until I started trolling this forum and got all the Cirrus 411 from real owners and deposit holders. The knowledge that Cirrus was standing behind their aircraft, plus the positive experiences related here, were important elements in my decision to plunk down a deposit for a SR22.

In my 20+ years of using various BBS’s and services from Telemail though The Source etc. etc. I have rarely found as positive and useful an example of computer communications as this forum. Very much appreciate your efforts.

Gordon

(Never did take that Lancair ride. Put the $150 toward the Cirrus!)

Thanks for all your good work. You don’t know have much I’ve learned from this forum. I wouldn’t have purchased SR-22 contract #204 if it wasn’t for you!!! I felt so much more comfortable ordering the plane after reading the comments here.

Thank You!

• Steven

(Never did take that Lancair ride. Put the $150 toward the Cirrus!)

… they charge 150 bucks for a demo ride ???

How usefull and great this forum is everybody can see on the counter to the left bottom - it’s running every day faster…

Thanks Clyde for running it and to all contributors!

Wilfried