Cirrus Problems - Maui Perspective

I thought of the SR20 yesterday here in Maui. I rented a Cessna 172 to tour the islands. Had to wait while the latch on the pilot’s door window was replaced. The seats looked like original issue and felt like it too.

The panel was old looking and had lots of wear and tear on it. My wife gave me that look, you know the one that says “I’m only doing this because you love to fly”.

Then we began to talk about the SR20 and the new interior, etc. What a contrast. We are anxious to own the Cirrus( 9/92 #535).

Yes, there are problems that even the most casual observer will recognize. And yes, there are incredible opportunities that the same casual observer will also recognize. After our 2.4 hr flight in an old 172 (BTW, the scenery was awesome), I feel priviliged to be a Cirrus SR20 contract owner.

Aloha - Mike

Being born in da islands and having looking into flying in Hawaii aside from the obvious problems with corrosion, etc. there are only 14 other places to fly to and a lot of water. Been there and I’ll take da mainland.

Aloha, Walt

I’ve flown quite a bit in Hawaii (most recently last February), and really love it. I always fly with Hawaii Flight Academy, who have two locations on the Big Island (Hilo and Kona). If you get over that way, check them out - great people and nice airplanes. By the way, when I was in Hilo in February a C172 came in from Maui. It was painted in what looked like “Cub Yellow” and, I swear, hand-painted N-numbers. It looked pretty bad. Hopefully that’s not the one you rented.

Konrad

I thought of the SR20 yesterday here in Maui. I rented a Cessna 172 to tour the islands. Had to wait while the latch on the pilot’s door window was replaced. The seats looked like original issue and felt like it too.

The panel was old looking and had lots of wear and tear on it. My wife gave me that look, you know the one that says “I’m only doing this because you love to fly”.

Then we began to talk about the SR20 and the new interior, etc. What a contrast. We are anxious to own the Cirrus( 9/92 #535).

Yes, there are problems that even the most casual observer will recognize. And yes, there are incredible opportunities that the same casual observer will also recognize. After our 2.4 hr flight in an old 172 (BTW, the scenery was awesome), I feel priviliged to be a Cirrus SR20 contract owner.

Aloha - Mike

That’s the one!!! And what a deal - only $114/hour.