cirrus near farmingdale, ny

I fly out of farmingdale, ny (frg) and am considering buying my first airplane. Right now the frontrunner is a cessna skylane, but I would like to try an SR20. Does anyone know of any SR20’s near farmingdale that I could fly?

If it’s any help…I too was looking at the Skylane…put a Cirrus next to it and consider all the advances technology (not without squawks though) and it wasn’t even close…SR20!
good luck

The Cessna Skylane is a nice plane. I just sold one that I had for four years. About two years ago I took a demonstration flight in an SR20 and immediately signed a contract. After that one flight, flying the Skylane just never measured up. In my view, feature for feature, the SR 20 comes out ahead on everything except payload. Handling and ease of flying is like comparing a sports car to a pickup truck.

I ended up with an SR22 when Cirrus offered the upgrade. However, if the SR22 had not come along, I would have considered the SR20 a significant upgrade from the Skylane.

If you can’t find an SR20 nearby, try Bruce Gunter, the Eastern sales rep at bruceg@cirrusdesign.com.

In reply to:

I fly out of farmingdale, ny (frg) and am considering buying my first airplane. Right now the frontrunner is a cessna skylane, but I would like to try an SR20. Does anyone know of any SR20’s near farmingdale that I could fly?

My SR20 is based at Allaire (BLM), just south of the Colts Neck (COL) VOR. I would be happy to let you fly my airplane - from the right seat, not including T/O & landings (I’m sure you understand). Email me if you’re interested, so that we can work out the logistics.

Mike Radomsky - N84MR