Cirrus European User/Interest group???

With many Cirri (or whatever the multiple of Cirrus is) already in or going to Europe, and as some of the Cirrus capital is furnished by investors in Europe, I’d tought to poll this board to see if there’s an interest to have a (loosely organized) European Cirrus pilot/owner group as a platform to do or talk about stuff. Fly-ins, European registration issues, collective inputs to Cirrus, Dutch POH etc. are only a few things that are of common interest. I’m sure there are many more. Idea’s are welcome. Post a reply and/or drop me a mail!

Han Klinkspoor (N144CD, France/Netherlands)

PS: To be clear: This activity would be independent from Cirrus or General Enterprises.

With many Cirri (or whatever the multiple of Cirrus is) already in or going to Europe, and as some of the Cirrus capital is furnished by investors in Europe, I’d tought to poll this board to see if there’s an interest to have a (loosely organized) European Cirrus pilot/owner group as a platform to do or talk about stuff. Fly-ins, European registration issues, collective inputs to Cirrus, Dutch POH etc. are only a few things that are of common interest. I’m sure there are many more. Idea’s are welcome. Post a reply and/or drop me a mail!

Hans,

I’d certainly be interested, but I won’t get my plane before 2002. Keeps us (the Europeans) posted on the progress you make in forming such a group.

BTW, are there any Swissies around who a expecting an SR20 anytime soon? Can’t believe I’m the only one.

Placido

P.S. This forum has been too quiet lately. We need some pireps, keep 'em coming, pls!

PS: To be clear: This activity would be independent from Cirrus or General Enterprises.

This is a good idea. We could address European issues and share information in preparation for the acceptance and ferry flight of our aircraft to Europe, although I would regret if this forum would be split. So, in my opinion it should be complimentary to this site.

BTW, what is the progress on the N144CD ferry, when do you expect your bird to arrive in De Kooi?

Hein de Groot #527

Very interested!

Flew the N207CD from EHGG in October '99. Impressive!

At this moment I have not enough time (small kids, work) for my own plane, but i’m thinking of organising/joining a SR20 group (4 pilots?) based at EHRD.

Anyone interested?

Matthieu van Gelderen

Delft, The Netherlands

Positionholders would be more than welcome to participate, to more the merrier! Don’t know the details of European positionholders, but I’ll ask General Enterprises.

FYI on Pireps: I intend to submit the story of the first 90 hours of flying N144CD within the next couple of days to this forum, so watch this space.

mfg

Han

Hans,

I’d certainly be interested, but I won’t get my plane before 2002. Keeps us (the Europeans) posted on the progress you make in forming such a group.

BTW, are there any Swissies around who a expecting an SR20 anytime soon? Can’t believe I’m the only one.

Placido

P.S. This forum has been too quiet lately. We need some pireps, keep 'em coming, pls!

Hein,

The idea is not a split forum, more like this forum would be the communications channel for a Euro group that is more or less organized (e.g. to take a poll on Euro issues and your point about the ferryflights is a good one -see below-).

I left N144CD in Bangor 2.5 weeks ago for the tank to be fitted etc. Though contracted to haul it to Europe early June, the ferry company was incommunicado and a SAR reveiled that there were some delays, so with the help of Willem @ EHGG I hope to have it this side fairly shortly. Too bad as we’ve had and have some wonderful VFR weather around here…

I’ll keep you posted, as confirmed position holders are welcome to have a ride!

mvg

Han

This is a good idea. We could address European issues and share information in preparation for the acceptance and ferry flight of our aircraft to Europe, although I would regret if this forum would be split. So, in my opinion it should be complimentary to this site.

BTW, what is the progress on the N144CD ferry, when do you expect your bird to arrive in De Kooi?

Hein de Groot #527