Child Safety Seats

Has anyone had any experience installing a
child safety seat in a Cirrus SR20 or 22?

I will be using the plane for family transport from time to time and the belt arrangement in

the back seats doesn’t look conducive to safety seat usage.

Specific concerns are:

Can the lap belts be tightened adequately to firmly restrain the seat from movement?

Do the shoulder belts interfere with the attachment of the seat with the lap belts?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Greg

Greg, I just completed a trip (from Minneapolis to Detroit and back) with my 2 year old. The child seat fit as well in my SR22 as in my Jeep. It does take a little more of an effort to install though. It’s almost like installing the child seat in a car using both right and left seatbelts (with shoulder straps).

I will be using the plane for family transport from time to time and the belt arrangement in

Specific concerns are:

Can the lap belts be tightened adequately to firmly restrain the seat from movement?

Do the shoulder belts interfere with the attachment of the seat with the lap belts?

Greg

Dan,

Thanks a lot for the response. My wife is a real stickler for having the seat SECURED. BTW, we also use a Jeep to get to the airport.

Greg

Greg, I just completed a trip (from Minneapolis to Detroit and back) with my 2 year old. The child seat fit as well in my SR22 as in my Jeep. It does take a little more of an effort to install though. It’s almost like installing the child seat in a car using both right and left seatbelts (with shoulder straps).

Specific concerns are:

Greg