Can a compact bike fit in the back?

As I am about to pack a MTB and recumbent bike for some diversion while spending the next week at the “world famous” Cowley Alberta Glider Fly In it occured to me that these units are likely not going to be traveling with me in my SR20. I then tried to look up the dimensions of the luggage area and door. Can’t seem to find it. Has anyone stored one of those compact bikes in the back? Will they fit through the rear luggage door?

Dimension wise, you would need about 14" by 28" by 34" for the typical folding MTB, a little less for some of the Bike Friday units.

Anyone have any experience or comments?

Last weekend I, at long last, had a chance to see if my full sized mountain bike would fit in 7654T. It’s one of the reasons I bought the plane, so I’d have been sorely disappointed if it hadn’t. If i move the rear seats forward (temporarily), fold down the rear seats, and take off the front wheel (to be expected) it fits in with plenty of room to spare. It’ll be no problem to get a second one in on top of it when the time comes. Folding bikes: who needs 'em?

According to the POH, the baggage door is basically a rectangle with rounded corners. The rectangle is 21" wide by 20" high. (In addition, there is a solid triangle in the upper left hand corner, the legs of which are 5" high by 10.5" wide.) Sounds like you may have to load the bicycle through the main door.

Dimension wise, you would need about 14" by 28" by 34" for the typical folding MTB, a little less for some of the Bike Friday units.

I have two full size folding bikes … frame folds and front tires and seat come off. The tires do NOT fit through the baggage door. It is off by about an inch!!! I have loaded them into the back seat without much problem. I am considering a smaller bike that when folded will fit through the baggage door. While the baggage door is a good bit larger than the “mail chute” door on the Grumman Tiger, it would have been nice to have it about an inch or two larger.