Good bicycle for a SR 22

Recommendations requested for one that folds quickly, rides easily and will fit in an SR 22. Thanks.

I have a montegue, a dahon, and a bike friday, all folding bikes. My somewhat biased feelings about these bikes. NONE of the bikes go thru the baggage door, all have to be taken in the main door and then over the back seat.

montegue-- full sized, normal mountainbike that folds easily. larger than the others, requires some effort to get in the back. Moderately priced, moderate quality. I find it difficult to pass it easily over the back seats.

dahon–easiest folding, but the model I have is very inexpensively made, does not ride well. Adequate for short trips, but not a serious bike. 20 inch wheels, so folds very small.

bike friday–also 20 inch wheels, so folds to a very small size, the folding is slightly less convenient and easy than the dahon, but bike friday is an extremely high quality bike. I use this as my main bike, even when folding it is not an issue. Like it so much I got one for my wife. These are custom bikes, and the price reflects it, but for my dime they are worth every penny. Did I just mix metaphors?

I have had all three bikes in the plane at the same time with little problem.

BTW, I am collecting flying destinations that one can bike straight from the airport, places where one never needs to get a rental car. Please post if you have had a good experience at such a place.

Thanks!

Brand

In reply to:

I have a montegue, a dahon, and a bike friday, all folding bikes. …NONE of the bikes go thru the baggage door, all have to be taken in the main door and then over the back seat.

I worked with Bike Friday for a custom configuration that does go through the baggage door. IIRC it involved adding a quick-release seat. Steve kept notes on the setup.

In reply to:

BTW, I am collecting flying destinations that one can bike straight from the airport, places where one never needs to get a rental car.

To reduce your load further, Signature now has a program where they have free loaner bikes. They say its at all locations, but I’d call ahead to check. It works really well going into PSP (Palm Springs), where the airport is just 5 minutes from the center of town.