bose headsets

1. bught 2 headsets the other day…where do you order the connecter to have them wired to one jak…bose knew nothing about my request?

2. embarresed to ask…but only had my SR20 for 3 weeks so forgive me…how do you get the 430 to crossfil to the 420 ( ‘B’ package) and vice versa?

Thanks,

Don

Don,
The Bose headsets are somewhat modular. The piece from the headset to the electronics box to the jacks comes in several flavors (see http://www.bose.comthe bose website) is replaceable. It costs $200 for any version. To switch from standard jacks to the single Bose jack, you replace this $200 part. You have 30 days after ordering the Bose to (1) return it for a refund, or (2) return the $200 part for a different version.
This is what we are doing: we got a pair of the headsets from Bose with the standard jacks. We’ll fly with them after we pick up the plane. If we like them, we’ll send the $200 cord/jacks back for the permanent-ship-powered version. If we don’t like them (unlikely), we’ll get a refund and continue to use our old LightSpeeds.
We plan to just change the front two jacks to Bose and leave the Lightspeeds for our pax and for whenever we have to fly in someone else’s plane or in a rental (like when we’re in some far-away place which is impractical to fly the SR22 to, like Australia or Hawaii).
On the cross-filling, look up “Crossfill” in the index of GNS 430 Pilot’s guide and Reference . It is pretty simple.

1. bught 2 headsets the other day…where do you order the connecter to have them wired to one jak…bose knew nothing about my request?
  1. embarresed to ask…but only had my SR20 for 3 weeks so forgive me…how do you get the 430 to crossfil to the 420 ( ‘B’ package) and vice versa?

Thanks,

Don

1. embarresed to ask…but only had my SR20 for 3 weeks so forgive me…how do you get the 430 to crossfil to the 420 ( ‘B’ package) and vice versa?

Hit FPL button, hit Menu, select Crossfill,

and hit Enter

Re:

We plan to just change the front two jacks to Bose and leave the Lightspeeds for our pax…

Who will you have install the Bose jacks? Cirrus (before pickup), a Cirrus service shop, or your local avionics shop?

BTW, I have 2 Bose Xs and love them.

Gordon

Hit FPL button, hit Menu, select Crossfill,

and hit Enter

Eric,

That’s one way, and it works. Don may want to set things up so that crossfill is automatic. I have mine set up so that changes to GPS 1 automatically crossfill to GPS 2, but not the other way around. That way, I can always play “what if” games on GPS 2 without affecting my primary unit. When I’m done, I can force a crossfill again.

• Mike.