bonding

Roger,

I hardly ever respond to things in the forum. But I must admit, your sense of humor and links are the best!. Sometimes we have to listen to jerks like “Jeff” who sneak in, but we know we have you to help us chuckle thru our wait for THE BEST PLANE IN THE WORLD (maybe for any price!)!

Alex,

You’re very welcome! If you want a real laugh, take a look at http://www.physics.ucsb.edu/~airboy/our_metro.htmlthe cars we drive to the airport!

We can’t wait for our SR20, either… we take delivery on 1/25/2002, so Christmas comes a month late for us this year…

Cheers,
Roger

also you will be interested to know that cirrus uses wood…2by 4fours as the the interior of its landing gear…next we will find underfed squirrels in the cowels

John is right,

Cirrus has released a new model middle east funded Paper Airplane (first FAA certified Paper plane ever !!!), it’s called the PA13 and doesn’t need any bonding ! Not even an engine !!!

A picture of the just released software for the Avidyne screen checklist for the Cirrus PA13 can be found here !!!
[ Avidyne new software Paperplane screen

](http://www1.tip.nl/users/t123823/PPL.jpg)!

;-)))

Jaap (still waiting for SR20a #683 till March 2003)

Clyde: The time of this anonymous post is 4:36 a.m.! Since the post is anonymous there is no way of knowing what the local time is at the poster’s location. Whoever put this up is obviously too worried to even sleep. He or she is “uncomfortable what various agencies may uncover about this cirrus (sic, actually Cirrus) deal with mid eastern banking groups”. So uncomfortable that he/she is putting up anonymous conspiracy posts at “0 dark :30”!

What’s the concern about “mid eastern banking groups?” I have a credit card account with MBNA — based in Delaware, near the middle of the East Coast — and haven’t had any problems. [:)]

its possible its 10:30 a.m.in europe

I live, work, and do business in Pennsylvania, which definitely counts as the mid east. Do you have a problem with that, Mr. Anonymous?

I hate to upset everybody, but we have all forgotten that Exxon and many other oil companies have been doing business in the Middle East. These oil companies may be fronts for terrorist groups! So I think we should stop flying, driving and heating our homes until we are sure that we are not supporting a terrorist plot. I really hope the FBI is looking into this. Persian rug stores should also be looked at very closely.

WW

John, all you have to do so your postings don’t appear as “Anonymous” is to either 1) register on the forum (and log-in before posting) - this does not require you to join COPA nor pay any money, or 2) just edit the “Username” field when posting a message - as has been pointed out by others, there is very little reason for any anonymous posting unless you have something to hide.

Looking back at the messages in this thread, I can see that your original post might well not be connected with the subsequent anonymous posts, but you can’t blame anyone for regarding your choice to post anonymously as a reason to lump you in with the others who do so.

Clyde (demonstrating that it’s not rocket science to make a non-anonymous non-member post)

John,
my plane SR20 s/n 1106 N747TG is just on the way into the annual inspection. One of the flaws is small cracks in the paint between fairing and wing. This is important because water might enter and freeze, so this is more than cosmetically only. I’ll post on the forum in January when the plane is back into operation. Hopefully they can cure it at the service center.

Timm Preusser N747TG

Clyde, thank you.I have registered as suggested,and hopefully that ends that problem.
Did ANYONE else at AOPA look at N174CD? This is not cracking of the paint or gel coat, however, nor was it anything structural. With the introduction of new technology I would have expected Cirrus to triple checkthat nothing was loose, torn, damaged etc (except for last minute wingtips mods), the same as I would do if my company was exhibiting new product.
I also would think that after delivering 275 planes,gluing/bonding of fillet plates would not be a problem. although this plane is over a year old. The lack of anyone else having , or seeing, a similar problem makes me hope that it occurred only with N174CD

JD

John, I didn’t see the plane in question, but I have not heard of anything similar on any customer aircraft, and given that Cirrus have responded with service bulletins for any other squawks that have affected more than one plane, I would suggest it was probably confined to that one aircraft. But I also suggest you call Cirrus Customer Service and ask them about it (you are, I gather, a position holder, so they should be quite happy to talk to you). I have always found Cirrus staff to be very open in discussing issues by phone, even when they were reluctant to put things in writing (for liability reasons).

Clyde

Thank you for the information. Please post their reply, I would be very interested.
K.R

Thanks Bill for the update. In addition to posting the results of your discussion with Cirrus, would it be possible for you to also post the original list that you obtained for the service center? I’m sure many would appreciate it…thanks

Thanks Bill. Exactly the sort of answer I’ve been looking for since November
JD

Bill,
As a fellow position holder, I think it would be a great service to the group if you could post both the service center’s laundry list as well as Cirrus’ replies. It is especially important for those of us who may have their planes delivered.

Tom

Bill,
I pick up my SR20 2-weeks prior to you (very soon now). I’m REALLY interested in your mechanic’s list of things to check out at delivery!
Thanks!
Randy
RRErway@netscape.net

Bill: I am waiting to pick up my SR22 on February 11, 2002. I would appreciate very much seeing the laundry list to take to Duluth.

If more of the problems could be fixed there, there will be less to deal with later.

BTW, it sounds like a new model of electrical connector would solve about half of the problems.

Shirley, What is your position number? I am awaiting sr22 # 196. They are telling me early May. I am trying to get a feel for whether or not it is an accurate date.

Thanks,

Greg