Anyone we know???

Was considering a flight into Virginia this afternoon, but the surface winds were gusting above 30 – and were reported at 60-80kts at 6000 feet. Checked the PIREPs on Aviation Digital Data service and saw one that helped convince me to stay home:

Over Richmond VA, an airplane reported “severe” turbulence, 1200 foot uncontrolled drop, airspeed changes of 40kts.

What got my attention was that it was an SR22. Anyone we know?

And while we are on the subject of famous Cirri, whose plane appears in the 2 cockpit photos in this months IFR Refresher?

-Curt

In reply to:

And while we are on the subject of famous Cirri, whose plane appears in the 2 cockpit photos in this months IFR Refresher?

Curt,

Not sure, but this month’s IFR magazine (not IFR Refresher) has a cockpit picture with just barely enough of the N-number placard to make it out: N1951G – the COPA Member Database reveals that it’s COPA member Robert Garnett who owns the famous plane! [:)]

Steve

Steve,

Nice detective work and you are right it was IFR not IFR refresher. I believe there are 2 shots in there, one at night. You can be sure the night shot is a Cirrus because of how the obnoxiously too-bright clock is burned into the photo!

-Curt